Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $20k home freezer lady gets mad at the hired help

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The end game for Trump is not paying taxes so donating his salary to charity would be one way to do that. I'm not sure how one could be certain of that fact without seeing his tax returns but I'll take his word for it until someone can prove otherwise.
    You can be absolutely certain of it because when you give money away it is no longer your income, and income tax is tax on..... income, so giving shit away absolutely avoids income tax on what you gave away. But only on what you gave away, because the rest of your income didn't quit being income just because you gave SOME of your income away.
    And not exactly sure how that is an end "game" that has a winner, when you only don't pay tax on the part that you gave away, and you gave it ALL away, not just the taxable portion. I have never figured out how people think you can grow your income by giving it away and not paying taxes, the marginal rates are marginal. My recollection is that Romney paid over a million in tax, and people tried to portray him as a cheater, good thing he is not a cheater, cause pretty sure he is kinda lame at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    There's several ways for politicians to score. A six figured sinecure on a company board for an elected official's husband, son, daughter, or other hanger oner is a classic. The "charitable foundation" run by family members that spends 90% on salaries and compensation and weddings.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The grossly inflated advance on a book deal, for books destined for the remaindered pile.
    Had to get the house bought, gotta live in the district!!!
    ETA:
    Name:  IMG_20200313_161233_908.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  62.3 KB

Fuck me, I am arguing on the internet again, a relapse.
    "My name is MMc"
    "Hi, MMc...."

Site Supporter
    ... Trump ... isn't a very shrewd politician...
    One of the reasons many voted and will vote for him.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

The end game for Trump is not paying taxes so donating his salary to charity would be one way to do that. I'm not sure how one could be certain of that fact without seeing his tax returns but I'll take his word for it until someone can prove otherwise. Mitt Romney gave millions to his church to avoid his tax liability so it isn't exactly an unheard of financial plan. We know Mitt did that because he released his returns, although he really didn't want to. He cut his effective tax liability from 15% to 14% by doing that in return for political favors from the Mormon church. Churches love their tax cut outs.

The real problem isn't that people do that. It's the 75000 pages of the tax code that congress keeps in place so people who have a lot of money can benefit from using tax attorneys to challenge the IRS every year and settle at some point years later.

In Trumps case I think he's lost a lot of money being president because he never figured out how to manipulate congress. Pelosi has out maneuvered him at every turn. Bottom line he isn't a very shrewd politician. Probably a much better business man I would hope.
    Nope. He has accomplished more in in term than most two termers ever have. Ever wonder how effective he’d have been with a united party, Congress, and Senate? He’s been assailed with a stated sponsored political assassination attempt and that’s coupled with a party owned media that literally refuses to report on crimes way, way bigger than Watergate.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    One of the reasons many voted and will vote for him.
    Nothing to worry about then. He'll be reelected if most feel he's done a good job.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Mitt Romney gave millions to his church to avoid his tax liability...He cut his effective tax liability from 15% to 14% by doing that in return for political favors from the Mormon church...
    So Mitt profits when cutting his tax liability 1% by donating 10% of his gross income to the church? Not to mention additional donations for fast offerings, the missionary fund, building fund etc?

Howzat work?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's a lot of arrogance right there...
    That's because she, and her committee chairs, really are smarter than everyone else. They represent the people, and they study the problems.

Everyone else is dull and ill-informed, with bad hair.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Note the mention of slowing the COVID vaccine release at 10:00 or so.

Name:  pelosi help.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  37.3 KB

She won't last forever.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    So Mitt profits when cutting his tax liability 1% by donating 10% of his gross income to the church?
    Howzat work?
    I never have been able to figure out how people figure that giving some money away eliminates your tax obligation on the money you didn't give away.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Name:  pelosi help.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  37.3 KB

She won't last forever.
    Don't count her out yet- Only the good die young
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I never have been able to figure out how people figure that giving some money away eliminates your tax obligation on the money you didn't give away.
    How about tax obligation on the money you will make?

Check it out.

https://www.fidelitycharitable.org/g...ributions.html

There's 75000 pages of tax code. If you aren't a tax attorney you probably don't understand how to reduce your tax burden by influencing people in important positions.

Nonprofit Tax Code Designation: 501(c)(3)
    Defined as: Organizations for any of the following purposes: religious, educational, charitable, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition (as long as it doesn’t provide athletic facilities or equipment), or the prevention of cruelty to children or animals.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/blog...-need-you.html

So giving some money away to the right people can actually reduce your tax burden if those people happen to also be revising the tax code. Nancy Pelosi has a 501 foundation and so did Trump. I know, that's hard to believe.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-15-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List