Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $20k home freezer lady gets mad at the hired help

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yeah, I can’t believe a member of the press backtalked her
    I tried to watch, just couldn't. I read the news all the time, I just can't watch anymore...

Sorry, $24,000 freezer lady.
    After this movie a friend and I had our code for when somebody was being an asshole: "Twin Sub Zs"

I'm sure Donald gets by with a dorm-sized Frigidaire....

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the Donald but at least he didn't make his money off being a public servant. There is no reason these public servants should be multi millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the Donald but at least he didn't make his money off being a public servant. There is no reason these public servants should be multi millionaires.
    I suppose if they invested well, (without the benefit of insider trading), one might argue that it would be possible to build a comfortable nest egg over the course of their careers. Certainly others have done so with lower salaries than they receive.

But in most cases it's probably unlikely that there wasn't some level of skulduggery involved. (Sorry to say.)

In the case of Pelosi, I think she may have started out with a silver spoon, but I don't care enough to look further into it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    OK. The point was not of ownership, but rather that he didn't try to relate to people like Nancy did in this awful video. He also donates his federal salary to charities.

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I suppose if they invested well, (without the benefit of insider trading), one might argue that it would be possible to build a comfortable nest egg over the course of their careers. Certainly others have done so with lower salaries than they receive.

But in most cases it's probably unlikely that there wasn't some level of skulduggery involved. (Sorry to say.)

In the case of Pelosi, I think she may have started out with a silver spoon, but I don't care enough to look further into it.
    It wasn’t that long ago, that it was perfectly legal for members of Congress to dabble in insider trading.. That all ended when the public found out, and raised hell. But yeah, that was one way they used to fatten up their retirement funds.. It was Ok for them, you try it, and you’ll get a few years in the joint, to cool your heels.One thing everyone needs to remember, is that members of Congress have a vested interest in keeping things going like they are..They profit handsomely from it, and it doesn’t matter if they have a “D” or an “R” beside their name.. Once again this is a classic example of why we need term limits for Congress...

There's several ways for politicians to score. A six figured sinecure on a company board for an elected official's husband, son, daughter, or other hanger oner is a classic. The "charitable foundation" run by family members that spends 90% on salaries and compensation. The grossly inflated advance on a book deal, for books destined for the remaindered pile.

Democratic politicians are a lot like Kimber or Bushmaster, and have a general reputation that no longer reflects reality.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Shocked I tell ya... Blitzer almost looked like an actual journalist/news anchor there for a moment.

As for the other swamp thing... there's a grave somewhere from which a ghostly voice emanates, "dayum, 'at jackass is still in dire need of a good hangin'!"
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    There is no journalism any more. Only activism.

Wolf and Jake put on the journalist hat a few times a year.

OK. The point was not of ownership, but rather that he didn't try to relate to people like Nancy did in this awful video. He also donates his federal salary to charities.

The end game for Trump is not paying taxes so donating his salary to charity would be one way to do that. I'm not sure how one could be certain of that fact without seeing his tax returns but I'll take his word for it until someone can prove otherwise. Mitt Romney gave millions to his church to avoid his tax liability so it isn't exactly an unheard of financial plan. We know Mitt did that because he released his returns, although he really didn't want to. He cut his effective tax liability from 15% to 14% by doing that in return for political favors from the Mormon church. Churches love their tax cut outs.

The real problem isn't that people do that. It's the 75000 pages of the tax code that congress keeps in place so people who have a lot of money can benefit from using tax attorneys to challenge the IRS every year and settle at some point years later.

In Trumps case I think he's lost a lot of money being president because he never figured out how to manipulate congress. Pelosi has out maneuvered him at every turn. Bottom line he isn't a very shrewd politician. Probably a much better business man I would hope.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List