Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: LTT 92 or Shadow 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Unfamiliar with the Stock 2, what are the issues?
    They are like wine, one year's production can be good, next one not so much. I was unlucky to buy two in 2016. As Stoeger told me later, the '16 Stock 2s were fucked up. I am not using a profanity, that's a quote.

Short mainspring that made trigger job vs reliable ignition difficult, inconsistent chambers, something about barrel lugs on some guns. Two of mine refused to extract normally, usually during major but not local matches. Inconsistent internal dimensions, sear cages and other parts didn't always fit normally. The only steel guns on which I wore out checkering into a flat surface.
    Exceptionally ergonomic for my preferences, fantastic triggers when they worked especially DA, great sight tracking, but never again.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    They are like wine, one year's production can be good, next one not so much. I was unlucky to buy two in 2016. As Stoeger told me later, the '16 Stock 2s were fucked up. I am not using a profanity, that's a quote.

Short mainspring that made trigger job vs reliable ignition difficult, inconsistent chambers, something about barrel lugs on some guns. Two of mine refused to extract normally, usually during major but not local matches. Inconsistent internal dimensions, sear cages and other parts didn't always fit normally. The only steel guns on which I wore out checkering into a flat surface.
    Exceptionally ergonomic for my preferences, fantastic triggers when they worked especially DA, great sight tracking, but never again.
    ... yup... THIS!! ^^^^^^

If you're a savvy dude that wants the challenge/reward of something that can border on the sublime, that's one thing, but, the OP is a just getting into USPSA and into DA/SA guns...

I just happened across this and thought it worthwhile. A youtube review of these two guns. Whether you agree w/ each of his conclusions or not, the data and general info seems well done w/o bias. I don't know anything about the shop that supplied the Shadow but it sure isn't stock from CZ. The DA weight for the LTT seems a bit high to me so not sure which level of prep his specific LTT had. But it's just 7 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHLEBtL3tb0

Site Supporter
    Sorry for the thread drift, is there a TDA pistol that’s factory cut for dot?

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-or/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Thanks to this thread I’m looking at Berettas again.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Well I think this thread has served it's purpose for me so thread drifts are welcome.

I don't doubt the Shadow 2 is the better route for USPSA only but after thinking more on it I'm gonna save a couple hundred bucks and get the LTT 92. Plus I've looked around and Shadow 2's are out of stock everywhere. I can get the 92 through Langdon with a few weeks wait. I don't plan on carrying it but it can serve double duty as a nightstand gun.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    CZ shadow 2

Beretta 92 LTT

Arex REX Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    ... get the LTT 92. I don't plan on carrying it but it can serve double duty as a nightstand gun.
    Yes it can. I have been running a 12# spring in most of our 92s for 3 years. I stick to Federal and CCI Independence and have not had any misfires. 3 months ago I started w/ an 11# in my idpa pistol and it needs extra firing pin cleaning at about 400 rnds.

Pulled the trigger on the 92 today. Now the wait begins. Looking forward to transitioning to da/sa.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List