Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT 92 or Shadow 2

I vastly prefer the 92, having owned both. However, if you really want what is probably the best straight out of the box purpose built USPSA Production pistol, you should probably get the Shadow 2. Now, if you’re looking for a platform to pull double duty, the 92 family is a better bet IMO.

If you decide on the LTT, get a full size with Langdon trigger job straight from LTT for gaming.

I started shooting production when production first came out using various Berettas including a Langdon (not sure if it was LTT yet) worked Elite 2. I now shoot a Shadow 2, though I do still own those Berettas. For me, the difference is vast.

Some random thoughts:

1. I didn’t like the way the gun fit my hand at first, and almost sold it until I decide to just shoot one match first. After which, instead of selling, I bought a second.

2. It’s been 2 years now, yet I still cringe every time I lower the hammer.

3. I’ve heard the “you have to load short” comments, but haven’t experienced it. I’ve seen Stock 2s that needed to be loaded short or you’d bind in the rifling, which is odd considering the magazines they use.

4. My competition 92 trigger is lighter than my Shadow 2, but I just think the geometry works better on the CZ, it’s a more linear pull, instead of a rolling pull. At least that’s my impression.

5. For carry, I still chose Beretta.

6. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Not having a decocker makes me a bit nervous. It seems to be the biggest negative for the shadow 2. That and it seems to be picky on ammo and needs to be loaded short.
    I'm with you on the decocker. One of the guys I shoot with regularly (and beats me regularly) had the hammer get away from him on his Shadow 2 while lowering it just a couple weeks back. It was pointed down range, no harm done, but that's why I have decockers on my CZs.

If carry is part of the picture then the 92 is the logical answer.

If you want the ideal sports bat for Prod that will travel to the range in a bag, get put on, shot with and then go back in the back. While making you as competitive as possible the Shadow 2 is so popular at high level for a reason.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I am not sure if this applies to USPSA but it does in IDPA. The Shadow2 can be shot in either production or enhanced production (I think it is) depending how you start. In production you start a stage w/ a DA pull. In enhanced you start in SA. I don't know the answer to this but one more consideration might be can you install a dot sight. On an LTT you can, but I don't know about a Shadow2. That might be a consideration in the future.

Like I said before, I am not a compitition shooter, so I do not know rules. How would the CZ Shadow 2 SA play into this? No lowering the hammer is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Like I said before, I am not a compitition shooter, so I do not know rules. How would the CZ Shadow 2 SA play into this? No lowering the hammer is needed.

Standard or Limited Minor
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

USPSA Production? Definitely the CZ.

I think its been said pretty well already but those guns are very different and serve different purposes.

I would recommend the shadow 2 for USPSA (I do shoot for CZ)

Its pretty well built around the IPSC production rule book. As a target gun its going to excel due to having proper sights, and being heavy. Triggers are good and can be made really good cheaply.

The LTT (Full size) Is going to be a lot lighter gun with the alloy frame. I would expect it to have a good trigger as well, I think it serves better as a general use gun but would work fine for USPSA production as long as its on the list.

At the end of the day just get whichever gun you like better both are going to be fine with the shadow 2 being a little better for USPSA and the LTT being something you could actually carry.

I'll chime in too. My opinion is it's easier to transition from plastic guns to a 92 series than it is to a Shadow 2. I personally struggled with draws and transitions with the Shadow 2. I didn't have that issue with the Berreta. I'm a little bit of a tactical Timmy (okay maybe a lot of a tactical Timmy) and 92s fit that mold better in my mind.

There are very few guns I regret getting rid of. One of them is a Wilson Centurian. The second is a Wilson BrigTac.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List