Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT 92 or Shadow 2

LTT 92 or Shadow 2

I’m wanting to join the da/sa crowd. I’ve traditionally been a Glock guy and recently started shooting sig strikers. I want a full size da/sa with the main intended use of Uspsa production.

Help me see the pros and cons of both.

If LTT which one? Full size?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I am not a comp shooter. So, the LTT Elite is the perfect 92 if you ask me. All the little things that the 92 needed corrected have been done making it the perfect duty pistol if you ask me. The Shadow 2 is compitition focused and designed. They have different ergonomics, so you may want to hold each of you have not and see how the controls work for you. I am sure some compitition shooters will chime in with more details.

Have you considered a tanfoglio stock 2?

If it's purely a game gun most would choose the CZ. It's strongly represented in production and limited I think.

I like Beretta 92s and frequently use an LTT. I also like that 92s allow decocking instead of hammer lowering. Most see that as a non-issue.

Edit: Full size 92. I wouldnt consider the other sizes for a game gun.

S2 pros:
    Built for gaming, theres a reason so many production shooters shoot this gun
    Lighter SA, I'm pretty sure
    Limitless competition oriented aftermarket
    No weird looking levers on slide

LTT pros:
    Special snowflake factor
    Easier to rack slide (unloaded starts)
    Decocker instead of manual decocking
    Inherently better feed reliability
    Light weight and short grip to double as carry gun, especially if get Centurion
    Unique recoil system means it may shoot as flat or flatter even though lighter weight
    Smoother DA, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Have you considered a tanfoglio stock 2?
    Sort of.... I’m aware of it but I’ve never handled one in person. It’s my understanding the trigger needs work out of the box to equal those guns i mentioned. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    If it's purely a game gun most would choose the CZ. It's strongly represented in production and limited I think.

I like Beretta 92s and frequently use an LTT. I also like that 92s allow decocking instead of hammer lowering. Most see that as a non-issue.

Edit: Full size 92. I wouldnt consider the other sizes for a game gun.
    Not having a decocker makes me a bit nervous. It seems to be the biggest negative for the shadow 2. That and it seems to be picky on ammo and needs to be loaded short.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Smoother DA, maybe
    If you get the LTT I would recommend one with a trigger job or at least a tjiab.

I have a stock LTT and the DA is not smooth. Very bad stacking in the middle of the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Not having a decocker makes me a bit nervous. It seems to be the biggest negative for the shadow 2. That and it seems to be picky on ammo and needs to be loaded short.
    I can't honestly speak to the CZs ammo needs. I've never owned one. Many, many, many people lower the hammer without issue. Most view it as a total non-issue.

You might be able to try out both after a local match in your area.

Check out the Humble Marksman on youtube.

User Tag List