Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LTT 92 or Shadow 2

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Have you considered a tanfoglio stock 2?
    Why don't you light the poor dude on fire while you're at it?

The other option is to consider the 92X Performance...

(I think there are some issues with the OOTB safeties being too wide for USPSA production box, but these exist: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/saf...x-perf/e02486/ - but, they're on the list.)

Both are accurate, both are steel-frame "gamer guns".

It really boils down to feel/preference. Try them both and see what you like. The gun doesn't make the most difference when racing in USPSA... Your ability to shoot and understand the game makes the biggest difference.

For reference, I carry and shoot a Beretta. I've won matches with both platforms. I came back to the Beretta because I can just carry what I shoot/what I practice with...

Happy to answer questions about USPSA/Berettas...

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I am not sure if this applies to USPSA but it does in IDPA. The Shadow2 can be shot in either production or enhanced production (I think it is) depending how you start. In production you start a stage w/ a DA pull. In enhanced you start in SA. I don't know the answer to this but one more consideration might be can you install a dot sight. On an LTT you can, but I don't know about a Shadow2. That might be a consideration in the future.
    I bailed on IDPA when they changed to 1 point down = 1 second down.

However... there is no production. SSP, stock service pistol, and ESP, enhanced service pistol. Also unless something has changed recently, the Shadow 2 is an utter no go in IDPA due to its weight, in any division.

Could you elaborate on what advantages the S2 has over the LTT for you @Bucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I bailed on IDPA when they changed to 1 point down = 1 second down.

However... there is no production. SSP, stock service pistol, and ESP, enhanced service pistol. Also unless something has changed recently, the Shadow 2 is an utter no go in IDPA due to its weight, in any division.
    Why did you bail on IDPA when they changed the penalty?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

@JCS, it took me a while to realize that using what most of the top shooters use is the way to go. For USPSA Production division, the CZ Shadow 2 is dominant. In Carry Optics, it's gaining traction. Everyone I know, including myself, who has switched to a S2 is happy. I don't know anyone who has switched from a S2 to something else, unless they switched divisions.

Lack of a decocker is an advantage, IMO. Fewer parts, and easier detail stripping. Putting the hammer down after "make ready" is simple and safe, if you know the trick. In comparison to the other things we need to be safe about while running around with a loaded gun, this is at the bottom of the list.

I compared my lightly-modified (aftermarket springs and firing pin) Shadow 2 to LTT and Wilson 92s. I found the S2 to be superior in both DA and SA, as did the owners of the Berettas.

Cheap, readily available spare parts. Easy to work on. Extremely durable and reliable. And in my opinion, better ergos.

Unless you carry a 92, I can't think of a single reason to choose one over a Shadow2.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Just buying a Wilson or LTT Beretta, as far as trigger/action goes, doesn't really get you anything special other than a D spring and a skeletonized hammer. The trigger jobs are extra. There is a huge difference between a 13lb spring and a stock D spring. Even more with a full trigger job, 12lb spring, and NP3 coating.

I have felt the factory CZ trigger job in multiple models, and, while definitely smoother, didn't think it was that much better than the stock Beretta factory models with a D-spring (M9A3, LTT, 92x).

Other than the weight, there really isn't much benefit with the CZ and it's going to be hard to find a concealment holster for it.

Also, unless you just prefer the aesthetics, want a full size grip (without a wrap around grip panel), or don't want to mess with changing sights, there isn't much benefit to the LTT over the 92x models. The stock triggers are exactly the same unless you option the LTT trigger job. If it were me, get the 92x with the LTT trigger job and the LTT sights from Ernest's site, and send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

Happy to answer questions about USPSA/Berettas...
    Outside of the 92X Performance, do you consider all the rest of the Beretta M9/92 models basically equals?

I own both. Not exactly, my LTT is not a "production" LTT but a full custom work on my own 92G-isn variant. I would give a slight nod to Shadow for better trigger, better sights (big one for me, I like narrow adjustable and there isn't a good such option for Berettas, or I don't know of one), and these days easier transition to carry optic option with Shadow 2. Doing an unloaded start on a hot Beretta barrel is either slower, or not much fun. Taking apart Beretta is not anything I want to do again, specifically talking about slide. Taking apart CZ is nothing big as long as you don't mess with a sear cage. I also found CZs be slightly more accurate. I use factory ammo and shot 115, 124, 147 and 150 gr ammo out of CZ without any problems.
    I do prefer Beretta's grip and how it cycles. CZ breaks parts regularly, not seen that with a Beretta.
    My overall preference is a Shadow 2, Beretta is living in my safe.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Name:  IMG_20201013_232207314.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  49.1 KB

Why not something that is a little of both.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

User Tag List