Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LTT 92 or Shadow 2

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    Shooting CO just remove the front sights. Its not needed to hold the bushing in, just make sure you put the pin back in.
    Having seen my share of dots dying or flying off mid-stage, if I have an easy option of having a front sight there, I'd take that for some backup aiming reference over none. I didn't do it with DPP because it was PITA but with SRO it's not a hard thing to do.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I don’t think either of these two pistols setup right will be the limiting factor. Your gonna have to shoot both extensively to even come to a conclusion. If so it will just boil down to preferences.

My 2 cents, I would have no interest in competing with a pistol that you are not
    really going to carry(shadow 2). Seems pointless unless you live in a place you cannot carry.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Can you expand your thoughts on why it’s easier to transition to the 92?
    This was before my 1911 days but for me it was the weight. The S2 is pretty chunky compared to a Glock. I also seem to remember a lot of that weight feeling like it was toward the barrel. I’m sure if I had put a lot more time into it I could have figured it out.

I also had some ergonomic issues with the Shadow 2 but most people don’t. My grip kept activating the magazine release and dumping magazines on the ground.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    You’re shooting a 92x Performance now? Are you using the Vertec frame as is of the wrap around grips? What are your thoughts about the pistol in general?
    I am not. I was shooting a basic-ass 92G until last week.

I swapped the non-beveled/non-checkered frame for an M9A1 frame I had. (I decided to let the .22 conversion live on that frame ranther than the M9A1 frame...) I had an white dot integral front sight and my .270" rear sight on it along with a 16# spring and a Wilson trigger bar since I ruin stock 92 trigger bars from dry fire/etc. Some parts would come and go: experimented with lighter springs, spurless hammer, etc. In the end, it just put it all largely back to stock.

I just retired that gun/frame/combo - I got a turbo pin with that gun, got into the AIWB stuff with that gun and crushed souls with that setup.

I'm starting to shoot a LTT Elite, which is stock for now. I will experiment more with this setup: Looking forward to sights, trigger work, and parts experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don't think so. In a competition setting, decocking is easy and safe. I've never seen anyone screw this up, and the stakes are low if you do.

1. Point gun in a safe direction. E.g. at a target or the berm.
    2. Put index finger of support hand in between hammer and firing pin, with pad of finger touching hammer.
    3. Pull trigger.
    4. Rotate finger clockwise (right handed shooter), lowering hammer gently.

For a carry gun, I'm a huge fan of decockers (I use CZ P-07s for defense).
    I agree with you that it isn't an issue - most folks do it pretty automatically and it really shouldn't scare people away from buying a race gun.
    That said... I've seen a dude AD because he screwed it up and didn't catch the hammer.

The Slavex decock method is, by far, the best:

One additional question for the masses. Is the NP3 upgrade for the Elite LTT worth the money or is it best spent on ammo?
    Kinda depends...

Do you live in hot/humid Florida?
    Do you have toxic corrosive sweat?
    Do you plan on carrying this gun or is it truly a race gun?

If yes to any of these, it could be worth it.

There you go with that common sense. Get that out of here this is about getting a new gun! I kid I kid. You are 100% correct. I had to step away from Uspsa for a couple years and I want to rededicate myself this winter to the sport. I had sold off some of my guns and planned on buying a full size gun to add to my collection. I’ve wanted a da/sa for awhile and feel like a new gun will motivate me to practice even more. I do plan on shooting several matches as I get back into it with a g19. I’m gonna have lots of questions about the gun so I may be hitting you up lol
    If you're dabbling, just save the $$ and put it to match fees and ammo...

If you're serious, just save the $$ and put it to match fees and ammo...

All kidding aside, both of these guns are cool, both of these guns will run well in matches. Being a shooter, you'll have to learn the "ins" and "outs" of whatever gear you decide to roll with...

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I bailed on IDPA when they changed to 1 point down = 1 second down.

However... there is no production. SSP, stock service pistol, and ESP, enhanced service pistol. Also unless something has changed recently, the Shadow 2 is an utter no go in IDPA due to its weight, in any division.
    Bucky you are correct. I had to think back again on where I had seen the CZs. One was at a very informal match and the guy's pistol was a slightly different version than a Shadow2. Possibly this one as I remember it had an adjustable rear sight. At this match there aren't any stringent gun rules.
    https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-...9mm-cz-custom/
    The other was a woman whose pistol had the blue aluminum grip panels and when I asked if it was a Shadow2 she said it was an older CZ but the panels come from a 2. She is the one who explained the SSP = DA first shot vs ESP = SA first shot. I don't remember exactly which pistol she had but am sure it is idpa legal as they announced at the next match that she had made Master at a qualifying match the weekend before.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    For reference, I carry and shoot a Beretta. I've won matches with both platforms. I came back to the Beretta because I can just carry what I shoot/what I practice with...

Happy to answer questions about USPSA/Berettas...
    Boom! And that my fellow enthusiasts is the answer to the 64k question! (picture Les doing the mic drop and exiting stage right...).

Back to the OP. I'm currently running and carrying the LTT Centurion with trigger job and FO front sight and am constantly amazed at how flat it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Why don't you light the poor dude on fire while you're at it?
    Unfamiliar with the Stock 2, what are the issues?

User Tag List