Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Browning Hi Power

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Are the lighter CZ 75s suitable for EDC?

I've seen quite a few reviews and comments like "I wouldn't carry it because it's too heavy". Which is odd because 1911s weigh more . and people swear they carry them 24/7.
    I've carried my steel-framed versions with no problems, and still might be were they the decocker versions. Then again I'm comfortable carrying 4" N frames and 1911s.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Here's mine:

Attachment 61657

Midway had some old Inglis production 13 rounders, but those appear to be gone now.
    That’s a nice HP!

Too bad those Inglis disappeared - they were highly sought after for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    At the end of the day, I'd trust a post 1994 Mark III cast-frame FN production piece (regardless as to being rollmarked FN or Browning) over the clones. Since you're looking (at least in my opinion) towards having to re-spring and re-componitize as Tisas from the get-go, and still have potentially suspect material integrity, I find it hard to recommend them at this point over a decent condition used FN/Browning piece.
    While I concur with this, what piques my interest in the Tisas is the stainless steel offering.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    That’s a nice HP!

Too bad those Inglis disappeared - they were highly sought after for a long time.
    I picked up a couple a couple of months ago, and am glad I did.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    My humble submission:

Name:  DB91F72C-B6EA-4850-A2F8-69D82743E41B.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  101.8 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

A HP is the one pistol I've sold that I would gladly buy back. Mine was a 1994 Mk III .40 in hard chrome with the adjustable sights.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Never had nor shot a .40. It’s certainly on my short list however. There was a time that they were fairly common place. No longer. A few months back, took the youngest son out shooting. Neither of my boys has the passion that I do, but the smile on his face after shooting the previously posted BHP was telling. Well...my interest in things didn’t begin until my mid-late 20s so...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Never had nor shot a .40. It’s certainly on my short list however. There was a time that they were fairly common place. No longer. A few months back, took the youngest son out shooting. Neither of my boys has the passion that I do, but the smile on his face after shooting the previously posted BHP was telling. Well...my interest in things didn’t begin until my mid-late 20s so...
    Beautiful gun. Looks functional, yet elegant--which it is both, no doubt. I like the Novak sights. I'd like to get those on my MKIII at some point.

I have a similar experience with my fiancee and my BHP. She loves the thing. Only wants to shoot that. Can't say I blame her.

My wife and I watched McQ last night. John Wayne turned in his Python, had his snubnose Python taken, and then bought a Browning Hi Power. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    My wife and I watched McQ last night. John Wayne turned in his Python, had his snubnose Python taken, and then bought a Browning Hi Power. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
    Then there's Serpico, where he goes into a gun store and buys a BHP. Going from memory, the dialogue went, "What do you need all that ammo for, you going to take on an army?" "No, just a division."

User Tag List