Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Browning Hi Power

Browning Hi Power

Stopped in a shop yesterday with zero expectations. I found this in the case, a rare bird in Massachusetts due to our “consumer protection” handgun restrictions. It’s a T series to boot! Grabbed it for a good price.

These have always been a favorite of mine, despite the less than perfect safety and trigger. Somewhat surprisingly, in an IWB leather holster it feels more comfortable and conceals better than a G19.

I need to find some preban magazines for it, and will probably remove the magazine safety. Other than that, I will enjoy this one as is.

Site Supporter
    Beautiful. I love my MKIII. Not just for nostalgic reasons... it’s a great shooting gun.

Name:  BD17C69C-C7C4-47C4-A79C-DEA052A2597F.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  62.6 KB

Sterrett grips courtesy of OlongJohnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan9 View Post
    Stopped in a shop yesterday with zero expectations. I found this in the case, a rare bird in Massachusetts due to our “consumer protection” handgun restrictions. It’s a T series to boot! Grabbed it for a good price.

These have always been a favorite of mine, despite the less than perfect safety and trigger. Somewhat surprisingly, in an IWB leather holster it feels more comfortable and conceals better than a G19.

I need to find some preban magazines for it, and will probably remove the magazine safety. Other than that, I will enjoy this one as is.

A clean solid example of a classic fighting gun.

Site Supporter
    With BHP mags, how do you tell pre-ban from post-ban?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan9 View Post
    I need to find some preban magazines for it...
    Do they have to be in MA already, or can non-ban-marked standard caps still be imported?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Beautiful. I love my MKIII. Not just for nostalgic reasons... it’s a great shooting gun.

Sterrett grips courtesy of OlongJohnson.
    Herrett's.

Starrett makes nice stuff, too (headquartered in Athol, MA), but I'm not aware of them making handgun stocks.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Do they have to be in MA already, or can non-ban-marked standard caps still be imported?

Herrett's.

Starrett makes nice stuff, too (headquartered in Athol, MA), but I'm not aware of them making handgun stocks.
    We can import. Non ban marked standard caps are ok. Mainly need to avoid obviously new stuff or things that weren’t around pre 94.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

Herrett's.

Haha. That’s what I meant. There’s a street near me called Sterrett. Early onset dementia.

Either way... they look and feel awesome. Thanks.

Ok. Where in Mass did you find that beauty? Collectors in Stoneham?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer View Post
    Ok. Where in Mass did you find that beauty? Collectors in Stoneham?
    Gunrunner in Middleboro.

That’s a really beautiful gun.

User Tag List