Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compatibility of a rifle mounted RMR and a X300U positioned at 12:00?

Site Supporter
    Thanks, all. I appreciate the pictures and feedback. I went ahead and ordered the mini scout. Right now I have zero rifles with a light on them, so this will be a big improvement even if not quite as optimal some alternatives. I'll give the RMR mount that I have a try for a while, and see what I think after a bit of live fire. I'm sure the experience will be a learning curve with some significant subjective components along the way.

I bought an TLR RM-2 and have been experimenting with the placement.

Name:  RM2.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  46.6 KB

Just farting around in my dark basement when I had it on the bottom the barrel really did throw a shadow when you were at low ready, so I moved it to the top. I think having it on top would be OK if you had a fixed front sight base behind it, or a shorter handguard. I have a 10" handguard on order so I moved it to the rear to simulate where it will be.

Name:  SIghtView.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  27.1 KB

When you sight in on something far away you do not even notice it, but when the new handguard gets here that will give me a 45 angle option and I plan to try that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I bought an TLR RM-2 and have been experimenting with the placement.

Name:  RM2.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  46.6 KB

Just farting around in my dark basement when I had it on the bottom the barrel really did throw a shadow when you were at low ready, so I moved it to the top. I think having it on top would be OK if you had a fixed front sight base behind it, or a shorter handguard. I have a 10" handguard on order so I moved it to the rear to simulate where it will be.

Name:  SIghtView.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  27.1 KB

When you sight in on something far away you do not even notice it, but when the new handguard gets here that will give me a 45 angle option and I plan to try that.
    You don't need a new rail to mount that light at 45 degrees. I've had very good results with these:

https://www.impactweaponscomponents....e-light-mount/

Name:  497bcd25be8739db5eea2d421de14a9b.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  26.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You don't need a new rail to mount that light at 45 degrees.
    Yes, thank you (I think I might even have the YHM version of that around here someplace...), but I maybe didn't say what I meant. I ordered the handguard prior to mounting the light, I want to get away from the full cheese grater version and go to a slimmer and shorter M-lok that might take a little weight offa the front of the gun (so I can, you know, put a heavy light way out there...).

My current setup is OK enough for now, I at least have a light on my primary carbine (it is really not that bad on top) and I will just wait to try other options until the handguard gets here. Then I will put the longer cheese grater over onto my 26" upper that weighs as much as a small car anyway

I run an Aimpoint PRO in an absolute co-witness mount with an X-300 Ultra at 12:00. Works fine.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quick product plug for a cheap addition I added to my 12 o'clock X300 that made a huge difference in usability. I run an X300 in a Unity mount at 12 on my 11.5 and always had a bit of trouble reliable switching it off. Put the short ARC switches on and I can't believe how much easier it is to run. Check them out if you go with this setup.

User Tag List