Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: One Dead After Shooting at Protest in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The likely scenario from the currently available evidence is deceased slaps the shooter then reaches for his waistband to draw the OC, the shooter sees him reaching for his waistband and makes a decision to draw. The shooter sees the deceased pull something from his waistband and point it at him. If the shooter had it in his mind that the deceased was going for a gun he may not have recognized that it was OC spray until it was too late.
    https://www.lexipol.com/resources/bl...stop-shooting/
    The pictures in the PD article show the dead guy walking around with the bear spray in his hand.

Clearly a shit show no matter how it went down.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    As @HCM pointed out - my curiosity of the gun the shooter was using was also unfounded.

I will refrain from any more speculative comments and let the adults handle it from here.
    Not your curiosity, the inference that being a dirty commie and a gun enthusiast are mutually exclusive. The broader right wing stereotype that a civil war would be a one sided slaughter of soy-boys who don’t know which bathroom to use is a very dangerous and misleading.

Especially in light of information like this:

https://reason.com/2020/10/09/are-am...U149wFcIHdXoBs

Drawing on polling data, the authors point out that support for the use of violence to achieve political goals has risen from 8 percent for both Democrats and Republicans in 2017 to 33 percent for Democrats and 36 percent for Republicans now. "In September, 44 percent of Republicans and 41 percent of Democrats said there would be at least 'a little' justification for violence if the other party's nominee wins the election," they add.

That squares with the insights of David Kilcullen, a former Australian Army officer and Bush (junior) administration counterterrorism advisor who warned in June that "America may be in what the CIA Guide to the Analysis of Insurgency calls 'incipient insurgency.'"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Have you ever been sprayed? (Honest question, not being sarcastic)
    I’ve been CS gassed, but not pepper sprayed.
    I agree that it can be very, well, impairing. I’d just have difficulty articulating why I thought my life was in danger if I got gassed, and why lethal force was my only option.

But I’m willing to be convinced otherwise.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I agree that it can be very, well, impairing. I’d just have difficulty articulating why I thought my life was in danger if I got gassed, and why lethal force was my only option.

Peoples responses vary but having been exposed to both OC spray had a much greater effect on vision, at least for me. I had difficulty seeing after the CS exposure but I literally had to hold my eye lid open to see after the OC.

Darryl thinks it is possible he shot him by accident — startle response at getting sprayed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    The pictures in the PD article show the dead guy walking around with the bear spray in his hand.

Clearly a shit show no matter how it went down.
    I’ll look again.

The slap photos show the deceased slapping the shooter with his right hand, same side as his gun. which hand did he spray him with?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Darryl thinks it is possible he shot him by accident — startle response at getting sprayed.
    That is certainly possible. Especially if he’s never been sprayed before.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

CS and OC both suck.

Like has been mentioned earlier, it’s more of an issue for a uniformed officer, openly displaying a handgun and running the risk of getting disarmed.

The last stuff I got sprayed with, Sabre Red, felt like Satan was pissing on my face (I guess that’s what it would feel like...). Way worse than anything else I’ve been sprayed with, the effects were pretty difficult to fight through.

I’ll look again.

The slap photos show the deceased slapping the shooter with his right hand, same side as his gun. which hand did he spray him with?
    You may have seen a flipped image: pepper spray was in his right hand, slap was a sweeping left.

Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Not your curiosity, the inference that being a dirty commie and a gun enthusiast are mutually exclusive. The broader right wing stereotype that a civil war would be a one sided slaughter of soy-boys who don’t know which bathroom to use is a very dangerous and misleading.

Especially in light of information like this:

https://reason.com/2020/10/09/are-am...U149wFcIHdXoBs
    That has never been my belief and I am usually the one cautioning my friends exactly what you are pointing out.

Obviously - I have a failure to communicate.

User Tag List