Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: One Dead After Shooting at Protest in Denver

One Dead After Shooting at Protest in Denver

One person has died and another man, who 9News confirmed was a private security guard contracted by them, is in custody after a shooting during dueling protests Saturday in downtown Denver.
    9News reported that one of their employees and a contractor for the television station were taken into custody. It later confirmed the guard was contracted through Pinkerton and “that it has been the practice of 9NEWS for a number of months to hire private security to accompany staff at protests.”
    Denver Post indicates there was a conflict between protestors and counter-protestors. Deceased is supposedly right wing, and deployed pepper spray before being shot.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/10/1...c-center-park/

Another story

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/one-dea...nver-protests/

Site Supporter
    Second article identifies the shooter a private security for a news agency.

First article has an image of the shooting. Red dot mounted on pistol with light and suppressor sights. Supposedly the shooter opened fire upon being hit with mace. Gotta be more to come.

Name:  76727898-F615-46B6-B151-560EECD4A48E.jpg
Views: 1340
Size:  89.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    Second article identifies the shooter a private security for a news agency.

First article has an image of the shooting. Red dot mounted on pistol with light and suppressor sights. Supposedly the shooter opened fire upon being hit with mace. Gotta be more to come.

Name:  76727898-F615-46B6-B151-560EECD4A48E.jpg
Views: 1340
Size:  89.4 KB
    A) if that’s a real image of the gunfight....why the fark are folks so obsessed with filming shit as to get this close to a 2 way continuum of force contest?

B) one has to assume if someone is using a non lethal - yet arguably incapacitating tool against you, their intentions after you’re down aren’t good. Respond as necessary.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    A) if that’s a real image of the gunfight....why the fark are folks so obsessed with filming shit as to get this close to a 2 way continuum of force contest?

B) one has to assume if someone is using a non lethal - yet arguably incapacitating tool against you, their intentions after you’re down aren’t good. Respond as necessary.
    I’m not seeing it, @Duke.
    What circumstances made the security guy’s only viable option be to engage with lethal force, vs. retreat or disengage?
    I’ll be interested to get a fuller picture, because right now, it doesn’t look good for the shooter.

Site Supporter
    That picture looks to me like it was captured right after the shot! The slide is returning to battery; the ejected shell looks to be a few inches above the RDS; there is a whitish/greyish smoke in front of the muzzle, and the barrel is slightly raised due to the recoil. The only thing you cant see is the bullet impact on the deceased.

There was another video about this shooting earlier this evening, the fellow with the bear spray had just turned around and walked away from a heated verbal altercation with another individual. The shooting happened so quickly that it is hard to believe the victim had a chance to engage with the shooter.

ETA: here's the video: https://twitter.com/jimmycabo/status...02190319534080
    On review, it looks like the deceased cut short his first argument and turned his focus on shooter. More time elapsed than I recalled but it was still less than 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Crawls; 10-10-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Very early at this point.

I’m assuming this this was recorded by the news crew that hired the private security. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s video of the event either from the crew or from the protesters.

One of the articles mentions that two firearms were recovered. Could be that the dude with the mace was carrying as well. Lots of ifs.

I’d say the shooter is gonna have trouble here if being maced is the only justification he can muster, but time will tell.

There is not any hourly rate that would make this kind of security gig worth it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’m not seeing it, @Duke.
    What circumstances made the security guy’s only viable option be to engage with lethal force, vs. retreat or disengage?
    I’ll be interested to get a fuller picture, because right now, it doesn’t look good for the shooter.
    Not saying I get what he was thinking.....

I am saying If I’m with my kids and you come at me with a taser, I’m unlikely to wait and see what your next move is.

But.

Paid security working general chaos control isn’t the same

Shooter / Security guy has "space invaders" ink which is linked to radical protest movement.

Name:  EkBFPteXkAAgxug.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  59.9 KB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Nice to know the same news media working earnestly to take away my right to protect myself is able to hire “private” security.

ETA - the irony of the leftist media hiring Pinkerton is simply delicious!
    Last edited by Suvorov; 10-11-2020 at 12:32 AM.

User Tag List