Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 5906 batch released by S&W

Site Supporter

New 5906 batch released by S&W

I know there are some 3rd Gen Smith fans here, so I am just passing this along. S&W has released a batch of unfired 5906 pistols with 10-rd mags to distributors. Here is a listing on GB showing an example:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881077561

There is a pretty neat thread regarding these on smith-wesson forums.

Seems they were made around 2008 for expositions, shows, testing, and the like. They are new, but not 2020 new. Bud's has been selling these with the picture of the stupid rare 5906STS as the representative photo. Some took a chance on a $700 5906STS only to receive these, but the buyers were still happy as the pistols are a NIB 5906 in 2020.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I would love one of these. But it is not considered safe by the state of Kalifornia so all I can do is look.

$700 for a brand new 5906 is reasonable but I'm just not THAT interested. If it were a decock only TSW I'd totally be down.

As it is I got my eye on a 5946 TSW but it has 10 days to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Man I’d like to grab one of these. But I’ve made quite a few purchases recently.

Site Supporter
    Me too. My current gun fund is earmarked for a 1911 build in progress.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    $700 for a brand new 5906 is reasonable but I'm just not THAT interested. If it were a decock only TSW I'd totally be down.

As it is I got my eye on a 5946 TSW but it has 10 days to go.

What does the TSW mean?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What does the TSW mean?
    IIRC Tactical Smith and Wesson. They had a rail.

Our K9s had them as soon as they were released and there was an applicable holster, so they could mount a light under the gun and have a hand free for the dog leash. When we looked at the price to upgrade all our 5906 and 4006 to 4006 TSW models so we could all have lights, the answer that came out was "let's buy Glock 22s."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What does the TSW mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    IIRC Tactical Smith and Wesson. They had a rail.
    I think that's right. Yeah, they just have a light rail. Some of them were also decock only but not all. I think they were all capable of being swapped over to decock only but the parts aren't available anymore so it's moot at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

It is interesting that the pistol in the GB link does not have a slide rollmark or the S&W logo stamping. I do not remember seeing any other 5906s where the model and serial numbers were the only markings.

User Tag List