Thread: ID this gun

ID this gun

Can anybody ID this gun? I don't remember where I saw it online but I saved the pic because I had never seen a grip like that.

Name:  gun.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  89.2 KB
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

It’s a Taurus of some kind

Looking at the hole in the magazine base plate, it make me wonder if it’s not an airsoft gun.

Some Taurus model, I believe.

That sort of grip was first, irc, on Taurus revolvers then they tried to transfer it to their semi autos.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Replica/Airsoft Taurus PT 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    Replica/Airsoft Taurus PT 24/7?
    That looks to be right. I'm not familiar with airsoft. The bottom of the mag should have been a tipoff I guess. I thought they were supposed to have an orange thingy on the muzzle like the pic below.

Name:  247.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  34.8 KB
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    That looks to be right. I'm not familiar with airsoft. The bottom of the mag should have been a tipoff I guess. I thought they were supposed to have an orange thingy on the muzzle like the pic below.
    I'm not air-soft guru, but from what I understand, it's easy to remove the required orange tip.

From what I've read, a lot of criminals do and it so they aren't caught with a real firearm. Kids also do it to be "cool". Again, just stuff I've read, no personal experience or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    It’s a Taurus of some kind
    Yep, Taurus something from a few years ago. The grip is distinctive, and they put their internal lock where this pic has it.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Because if I’m going to do airsoft - I’m going on to get a replica of a Taurus........

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Because if I’m going to do airsoft - I’m going on to get a replica of a Taurus........
    I bet an airsoft PT 24/7 is drop safe at least... :-)

User Tag List