Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cecil Burch/IA Combatives, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, Jan 29-31, 2021

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone Friday night. If folks are flying in an need a lift from the airport, let me know.

Mr Pipes, very much looking forward to seeing you.

Site Supporter
    3 spots left. We are at 15 registered students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    3 spots left. We are at 15 registered students.

I just wanted to clarify this for a moment. It may be a bit pedantic but it is important to me that people understand.

Normally I cap my courses at 14 students. Would I like to have more? Sure, it would be cool to pack a class and make a couple thousand more dollars but I can't because 14 is about where I can :

1) ensure that everyone is relatively safe. You are in physical contact with another person about 95% of the time in the class and are working through increasing levels of pressure. With up to 7 pairs of students I can watch everything and keep things going hard but safe. More than that and it becomes difficult to watch every pair constantly.

2) much more than 14 and I worry that I cannot know 100% that everyone is learning and understanding the material. It would bother me a lot if someone walked away going "I don't get it".

So why for Dallas is the cap at 18? Because with Jackdog helping, we can cover more students with the same level of safety and getting material across. No one knows my material as well as Jackdog, and is a pretty excellent instructor in his own right. I would not allow that many students without being able to count on him to cover the gaps I miss, and outside the Collective, he is one of the very, very few I can say that about.

One more clarification. Class ends about 6pm both Sat and Sunday. I will try to finish by 5:30 on Sunday, but I make no promises. I won't cut out material just to finish "on time". I may end class a tad earlier if students are really tired and I start to worry that safety concerns may crop up (always an issue when folks get worn out), but other than that, plan on 6pm
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    BTT.

Is there a consensus on which hotel for this class?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Is there a consensus on which hotel for this class?
    Not really. But the below listed hotels are probably the closest to the gym. They are near restaurants and just off Main St Grapevine where there are more restaurants and attractions.

Super 8
    250 E State Highway
    114 at Main Street
    Grapevine, TX 76051
    United States

Holiday inn express
    309 W State Highway 114 Frontage Rd
    Grapevine, TX 76051
    United States

Hilton Garden inn
    205 W State Highway 114 Frontage Rd
    Grapevine, TX 76051
    United States

This below hotel is located on Southlake Town center shopping if you’re bringing wives/girlfriend/significant others.

Hilton Dallas/Southlake Town Square
    1400 Plaza Pl
    Southlake, Tx 76092

Site Supporter
    Class times for IAC.
    Friday: 6:00pm-9:00
    Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am-5:00pm

See y’all there!

User Tag List