Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Middle of the Road Pistol Light that works

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I’ve got two X300’s and TLR’s (TLR 1, TLR1 HL, and a TLR 7A). For the money I’d go with a TLR. I also maintain our armory and the guns and accessories for 50 cops. We have had TLR1’s on our G17s for 3 years...only one failure (switch latch broke).

Stay away from Inforce lights...theyre shit...we have them on some rifles and, IMHO, they aren’t worth the squeeze. We’ve had a few failures wherein the bezel separates from the body. They’re mostly plastic.
    I had the same thing happen to my TLR-1 that I have had for several years. Called Streamlight and they sent me a new part no questions asked and quickly free of charge. This is a major plus for Streamlight for me.

Another example of excellent Streamlight customer service was when I got into the P320. I found that non of the TLR-1 keys I had made the light fit right on the P320. Called Streamlight and they said not a problem. Sent two brand new parts kits for my TLR-1 and TLR-1HL that included P320 keys free of charge.

Vending Machine Operator
    I have used a combination of TLR-1, TLR-1HL, and TLR-7 for the past 10-12 years or so, as have many people I know. I have never had issue one with them, nor known anyone to.

It's still just a flashlight, I'm sure it's breakable any number of ways, but mine have run like champs.

Last time I needed a pistol light I had the money for Surefire but just could not justify it based on the track record I've had with Streamlight. All the LE agencies I've worked when prosecuting with have been primarily Streamlight agencies as well, and I can't recall hearing any outstanding issue.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

In my opinion there are only three pistol lights worth considering/owning -

Streamlight TLR-1 variants
    Surefire X300 variants
    Surefire XC1/2

___

Everything else is probably not worth the effort. I use the TLR-1S on virtually all of my pistols that have lights. I do need to pick up an XC1 for the Rattler (which is getting a Comp M5B, so AAA batteries all the way).

__

When it comes to carbine/rifle lights there are lots of options, but for pistol lights tried and true - Surefire or Streamlight.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    In my opinion there are only three pistol lights worth considering/owning -

Streamlight TLR-1 variants
    Surefire X300 variants
    Surefire XC1/2

___

Everything else is probably not worth the effort. I use the TLR-1S on virtually all of my pistols that have lights. I do need to pick up an XC1 for the Rattler (which is getting a Comp M5B, so AAA batteries all the way).

__

When it comes to carbine/rifle lights there are lots of options, but for pistol lights tried and true - Surefire or Streamlight.
    You really should checkout the Streamlight TLR-7A. It is heads and shoulders above the SureFire XC1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalker865 View Post
    You really should checkout the Streamlight TLR-7A. It is heads and shoulders above the SureFire XC1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I strongly agree.

User Tag List