Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Middle of the Road Pistol Light that works

Since everyone else here seems to be in the TLR-1 fan club, I feel it necessary to point out that not everyone likes the switches on those things. I for one greatly prefer the switches on the TLR-7A.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    If the Modlight pistol light is going to get molded by some makers, I'll be selling off the TLR-1HL's as well.
    If you're referring to holster makers setting up molds for the Modlite, there's no need. It's being made in the X300 form factor, will allow switching between the newer heads, and includes a set of ARC switches to tailor the lengths, but will be constant on only.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    If you're referring to holster makers setting up molds for the Modlite, there's no need. It's being made in the X300 form factor, will allow switching between the newer heads, and includes a set of ARC switches to tailor the lengths, but will be constant on only.
    Kinda sorta hate you right now

Im likely the odd man out here - but I loathed those ARC switches.

Clumsily long and cluttery for my grip.

Even more perplexing is they were designed by Steve yeti fisher - who has the fucking biggest hands in the industry.

I’ve seen X300u brand new for $199 recently. I don’t know if that matters to OP, that’s still too much for my budget just thought I’d throw it out there

I got my first Olight recently. I love the PX4 Compact but hadn't been able to find a WML that would fit. I happened to stumble across the Olight and it fits like a glove.
    Haven't had it long enough to really tell how good it is, but so far so good.

I just received a LAPG “LA Police Gear” light. It’s universal to assorted frame rails which is nice, 800 lumens, seems well built and looks and feels like a Tlr1. I have a few Tlr1 and 2s, I have had to send the 2s back a few times for the light failings. For the tune of $59.00 I figured I would try it. Haven’t shot with it yet but quality and brightness is good.

Site Supporter
    Please keep us posted on the LAPG light, Btp2332.

For the OP, given your requirements, I'd agree that Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-7 would be good choices.

I have used the Streamlight TLR-1 and HL for a long time. never had an issue and really like them. Also, Streamlight has excellent customer service. However, for a compact light I have been running the Olight PL-Mini on my CZ P07 and love it. No issues and recharging is great. I have also been running an Olight Valkrie pro on a CZ P09 and it fits perfect. Recharging is great as well.

I’ll be another to say just get a x300u and be done with it. I have had the smaller pistol lights and always came back to the x300u.

User Tag List