Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Feds Bust Militia Plot to Kidnap Whitmer

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    pandemic restrictions isn't the hill I'm willing to kill commies on...
    Me either, but you might be amazed at the number of people here who talk like they would be.

Student
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/read-t...etchen-whitmer

Here's a link to the criminal complaint. It's about fifteen pages.

Apparently they were trying to liberate Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Me either, but you might be amazed at the number of people here who talk like they would be.
    Some people here were quit vocal about the restrictions but I don't think anyone said anything about violent acts against the state.

These idiots were all prison bound anyway. Not your sharpest tools in the shed posting that crap on social media.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Just curious, did these guys come up with the plan to kidnap whitmer on their own or is this another case of an undercover FBI agent/informant coming up with an idea & encouraging suggestible idiots to cross a line they might never have otherwise crossed (e.g. https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...e-hook-244905/ )?
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 10-08-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Just curious, did these guys come up with the plan to kidnap whitmer on their own or is this another case of an undercover FBI agent/informant coming up with an idea & encouraging suggestible idiots to cross a line they might never have otherwise crossed (e.g. https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...e-hook-244905/ )?
    Haven't read the link but in such cases, the defense would have a lot to work with.

(I have been in this very situation while working undercover in years past. There's a fine line and one has to avoid what is considered entrapment and "outrageous conduct" by the government.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Looks like anarchists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Get real. That's militia terrorist pussies.
    They look like anarchists because they are anarchists, extremist libertarian anarchists, but anarchists nonetheless.

Sone of y’all need to let go of your baggage and preconceived notions of extremist ideology in 2020.

Anarchist does not necessarily equal Left or ANTIFA. Like other accelerationist ideologies it is not the exclusive Provence of the left or the right.

Where have we seen right wing capitalist / libertarian anarchists before .....

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....galoo-Movement

Everyone has their line in the sand.

There has to be something unconstitutional you can imagine your local governor doing where you might not be willing to join a militia to fight against the government, but when you read about other people doing it, you smile and say “good” at least some people have the balls.

Are the lockdowns constitutional at a state level? Depends on the state and so far most challenges either resulted in a judicial outcome of “no, they are not” or “doesn’t matter, let’s give the governor leeway and we can decide the arbitrariness of shutting down business X but not business Y later and maybe in a few years we’ll admit they were unconstitutional and shrug”

Personally, I’m not in a militia, I won’t join a militia, but if they keep governments in check, if maybe a governor thinks “if I cross the line too far here, enough people will take up arms and pitchforks and my taxpayer funded detail won’t be able to protect me.” And if that results in fewer unconstitutional bullshit being passed, then to me that sounds like the intention of the second amendment.

Not only to be able to perform an armed revolution but also to change behavior of politicians through fear of one occurring. The first level of the use of force matrix for PD is presence. Perhaps the presence of armed militias might be enough to deter some unconstitutional bullshit.

Personally, I hate masks, and I hate the shutdowns but not enough to throw my life away to fight against the government. Heck, it doesn’t bother me enough even to make a a sign and go stand outside in peaceful protest.

I’ll never support these militias but when I hear about someone actually fighting for freedom, it’s hard not to smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Everyone has their line in the sand.

There has to be something unconstitutional you can imagine your local governor doing where you might not be willing to join a militia to fight against the government, but when you read about other people doing it, you smile and say “good” at least some people have the balls.

Are the lockdowns constitutional at a state level? Depends on the state and so far most challenges either resulted in a judicial outcome of “no, they are not” or “doesn’t matter, let’s give the governor leeway and we can decide the arbitrariness of shutting down business X but not business Y later and maybe in a few years we’ll admit they were unconstitutional and shrug”

Personally, I’m not in a militia, I won’t join a militia, but if they keep governments in check, if maybe a governor thinks “if I cross the line too far here, enough people will take up arms and pitchforks and my taxpayer funded detail won’t be able to protect me.” And if that results in fewer unconstitutional bullshit being passed, then to me that sounds like the intention of the second amendment.

Not only to be able to perform an armed revolution but also to change behavior of politicians through fear of one occurring. The first level of the use of force matrix for PD is presence. Perhaps the presence of armed militias might be enough to deter some unconstitutional bullshit.

Personally, I hate masks, and I hate the shutdowns but not enough to throw my life away to fight against the government. Heck, it doesn’t bother me enough even to make a a sign and go stand outside in peaceful protest.

I’ll never support these militias but when I hear about someone actually fighting for freedom, it’s hard not to smile.
    Seems to me that these patriots skipped a few steps towards redress before jumping into revolution...

It's Blair's Law in action. Once a group crosses a certain radical event horizon, they become pretty much indistinguishable from other radical groups.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List