Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Feds Bust Militia Plot to Kidnap Whitmer

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m only asking for one thing. If we are going to get Latin American levels of corruption in the USA, then at least give us lower Latin American cost of living prices to go with it.

I’m really easy to please, I don’t think I’m asking a lot.
    And more hot Latinas, damnit!
    #RESIST

Student
    https://www.woodtv.com/news/target-8/fired-fbi-agent-accepts-plea-deal-sentenced-to-2-days-time-served-for-assaulting-wife/

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — A fired FBI agent who worked to investigate the plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has accepted a plea agreement for charges of assaulting his wife.

Richard Trask told the judge Monday he has no memory of the July assault but takes responsibility for what happened.

Trask pleaded no contest to a charge of aggravated assault and has agreed to never work in law enforcement in the state of Michigan.

The judge sentenced him to two days of time served, court fines and fees, and no probation.

Investigators say Trask had attended a swinger’s party with his wife at an Oshtemo Township hotel.

Prosecutors say he choked his wife and hit her head against the nightstand later that night, and that they made the plea agreement mainly because she refused to cooperate on the case.

Trask’s wife Heather Foulke spoke in his defense during the sentencing, saying she believes he had a reaction with alcohol and a prescription medication and may have been drugged with GHB at the party.

“I told the deputy that night that we left the party abruptly because something happened that I did not like. I told him my husband was acting weird. I also told him that I found it odd that over the course of that night my husband and I both consumed the same number of alcoholic beverages that strangely I was completely sober, but my husband was not,” Foulke said.

Trask spoke asking for leniency before the judge issued his sentence.

“As the result of the situation I’ve lost the only career I’ve known. My retirement is gone. I’ve lost friends. My reputation has been destroyed. My children have had to face questions. My wife has faced harassment. My family has had to further suffer because I can no longer provide for them,” Trask said.

He says his wife has forgiven him and he has sought counseling.

“The events in July were a tragedy. I take full responsibility for my actions which caused pain and suffering to my wife and to my family,” Trask said.

Local news on bust of lead FBI agent in the case. This (Whitmer, not the wife beating and swinging FBI agent) case stinks to high heaven.

#RESIST

Michigan governor kidnap plot case collapses

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60999431

A US federal jury has acquitted two men accused of plotting to kidnap Michigan's governor and failed to reach a verdict for two other defendants.

Adam Fox, 38, Daniel Harris, 24, Brandon Caserta, 33, and Barry Croft, 46, each faced a kidnapping conspiracy charge.

Mr Harris and Mr Caserta were found not guilty, but the charges against Mr Fox and Mr Croft ended in mistrial.

The government had argued they targeted Gretchen Whitmer, 50, in a 2020 plot.

Jurors began deliberating this week after 14 days of testimony and had indicated earlier on Friday that they were deadlocked on some of the charges.
    They ultimately reached no verdict against Mr Fox, who was alleged to be the group's ringleader, and Mr Croft, both of whom were also facing an additional count each of conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction.
    #RESIST

User Tag List