Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blame It On LittleLebowski: Chainsaw Related

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I'm guessing the scythe was a joke... Surely you at least use a reel mower?
    Oh man, memories of my childhood. We had a small enough yard this was all we (I) used except for after we got back from vacation in the summertime or when it rained a bunch of days in a row starting right at lawn mowing day.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    (I'll have to see if I wouldn't rather just replace the chain for $20 odd bucks depending on how long it holds up. I don't mind sharpening knives but haven't done chains.)
    It's not hard to do, but FWIW our local Ace Hardware will sharpen them for maybe $5 each ... drop them off, pick them up in a few days.

(I'm probably a hack, but after I have file-sharpened them a few times, having them machine-sharpened makes them cut better. I suspect my filing job gradually leaves the teeth at different heights or something).

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    It's not hard to do, but FWIW our local Ace Hardware will sharpen them for maybe $5 each ... drop them off, pick them up in a few days.

(I'm probably a hack, but after I have file-sharpened them a few times, having them machine-sharpened makes them cut better. I suspect my filing job gradually leaves the teeth at different heights or something).
    Thanks for the tip. The mayor of town owns the local Ace Hardware, so I'll check next time I have a chance. It wouldn't be worth investing much considering the price of chains online.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Guy has a history in logging.

Thanks, Randy. I was getting ready to have my lunch handed to me...instead of being patted on the back for being so smart.

And it's here!

Very cool. Checked the serial numbers and dates and everything was manufactured between May and June 2020...saw, battery and charger. Nothing that's been sitting on a shelf somewhere for a long period.

80v battery fully charged in 30 minutes...so all I've got to do is put some oil in the reservoir and get to work. (We're calling for about three inches of rain the next couple of days, so I don't plan on getting out with it for at least a few days.)

Having three 80v batteries to use with either the 500 cfm blower, (32cc gas engine equivalent), or chainsaw is nice.

This is the blower:

looking forward to your aar.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    looking forward to your aar.
    Finally got the chainsaw out for a test drive today. What an awesome little beast. Ran perfectly on the 80v battery. Made about a half dozen cuts through a downed tree on my property which is about 10" in diameter. Made short work of the effort.

Quiet, efficient, smooth operating. My buddy, who has an 18" Stihl "Farm Boss" was impressed.

Wasn't out to do any real work today, just an excuse to get it out for a trial run before sitting on the porch with a few cold ones and catching up with a good friend.

User Tag List