Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Birthday to me! SP101

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Happy birthday and enjoy your new heater!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Roscoe

I've heard the word "roscoe" used to describe a handgun. First time I heard this was from Deputy Barney Fife. Looked it up and sure enough it is so. Roscoe is also my boxer.

Site Supporter
    Speaking of dogs. OP, that's a fine looking fur kid in your avatar. Tell us who he or she is!

Dave

Happy Birthday

Thank you, all of you. All 3 of my children have reached adulthood and have learned that the rose garden of adulthood looks good from the outside but is full of thorns and bugs on the inside. Two of them have become homeowners and are learning phrases such as " I was going hunting this weekend but the sewer is backed up" and " what do you mean the fridge is dead and it takes 3 days to get a new one?" LOL and they haven't had kids yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Speaking of dogs. OP, that's a fine looking fur kid in your avatar. Tell us who he or she is!

Dave

His name is Jethro. He is the first Great Dane rescue we picked up and he has the most quirks of any dog I have ever seen. He is also the most appreciative of life out of any dog I have had.

This is Ellie Mae, even though we bought her from a reputable breeder I had a feeling that if I hadn't, it would have not ended well for her. She was a small pup in an undesirable color and the breeder come way down in price "just to get her gone". So...

This is Jack, our needy fat boi. He was rehomed to us after going through a couple of homes. Apparently people don't understand just what a Giant breed is.

This is Squirt, Pitbull attitude Chiweeny body. He is the oldest of the 4 and was a rescue also. He became Jethro's emotional support dog and they are inseparable.

Sorry for the thread drift... not really though. I have learned that some of the best threads here have been created by drift.

Cool Thanks for that last post C. Dane!!

Awesome family yall have!

My family is blessed with 3 cats and 2 dogs right now.

John

Back to the regularly scheduled program.

I just ordered a set of springs, reduced power, from Wolff. I got enough to experiment with my GPs too. I have also been down this rabbit hole of shims.https://www.triggershims.com/ruger_double_action.php I know the Match Champions come with shims and was wondering if it is worth the squeeze to do this. The shims aren't expensive and look to be easy to install. Do the shims make that big of a difference? All of the reviews say they do but they seem biased. If I do do this, how far do I go, just the hammer, hammer and trigger??? I do feel like my 3 inch GP would benefit from this as its got wear marks on one side of the hammer so I may start there.

Reference the shims, I had a GP100 without, now a Match Champion with factory installed shims. I cannot tell any difference at all...

User Tag List