@EricM I'm glad my ramblings were useful!

I spent some time at the range yesterday tweaking the 100 yard zero for my go-to load (Speer .223 75 grain Gold Dot). To use the Maximum Point Blank Range concept, I can preset elevation as follows;

• -0.50 MOA for 150 yards, which gives me a MPBR of 170 yards, +/- 0.6" max vertical POI deviation
  • -1.75 MOA for 200 yards, which gives me a MPBR of 230 yards, +/- 2.0" max vertical POI deviation
  • -3.00 MOA for 250 yards, which gives me a MPBR of 290 yards, +/- 4.0" max vertical POI deviation
  • -4.75 MOA for 300 yards, which gives me a MPBR of 350 yards, +/- 6.6" max vertical POI deviation

For longer distances I dial-in drop directly (I created a small card with this information that I laminated with clear shipping tape that I stow in the grip).

No doubt this scope has greatly improved the precision and long range potential of the rifle. I'm also having notable success using the Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC) with the reticle illuminated and the front scope cover closed, which gives a natural unmagnified view and is RDS-fast once the technique is mastered. I've found the trick is to keeps the eyes moving, which at least for me prevents my right eye (behind the scope) from dominating my vision and turning the scene dark. Even with the eyes moving (scanning the scene), the illuminated reticle never leaves the field of view.