Thread: Foam Wedge Adhesive

Foam Wedge Adhesive

What is the best glue / adhesive to use to firm up the hook to the foam? I know some separation is normal but I'd like to nip this in the bud. Usually a small separation runs all the way down the edge but the big spot in the pic is what I want to fix. Thanks.Name:  Wedge Adhesive.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  97.9 KB

I've only ever used the industrial strength adhesive velcro (white packaging) when I apply the velcro to the holster i use a hair dryer and blast it with heat to further melt the adhesive to the material. I've never paid special attention to the foam. Its under constant pressure between your body and the holster so I haven't felt the need to really secure it. I also never removed it after I put it on the holster. I'd imagine constantly taking it on and off could cause separation issues. For me though, I have switched back to no foam on my holsters. I feel as though my draw is faster and smoother without it.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Tony just emailed saying regular Duro Super Glue is the ticket, and it's cheap.

One thing to consider is that there's only so much movement an adhesive can tolerate before it or the material fails.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Shoe Goo.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Contact adhesive or the 3M automotive spray adhesive from Advanced Auto etc

contact cement. just bought some at Home Depot in the paint section.

3M super 77 spray adhesive. Spray on both surfaces and let dry about 5 min until tacky. Then, stick the two materials together. I have been using this on my homemade wedges for a while and have never had the velcro peel. Any material from gel insoles, neoprene foam, to yoga block foam. Works on sticking the loop side on Kydex, too.

User Tag List