Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Carolina Cup Was a Blast!!!

Congratulations to Virginians for their performance at the Carolina Cup!!!

Rob Tate, 1st Place SSP Master

Ravin Perry, 2nd Place ESP Master

John Allen, 2nd Place SSP Sharpshooter.

And, to any other Virginians who placed...sorry if I didn't get your name here.

Watch out Vogel, Tate is catching up.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    This guys youtube channel has hat cam footage of most, if not all, of the stages. His camera is kinda dancing around but you get the stages.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShootersDigest

And another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-4YpOU6Y9Q

Results: http://the-carolinacup.com/results/2012/Results.pdf
    The "hat cam" is from me, but it's actually shooting glasses with a camera built in. It was an early fathers day present and I could think of no better way to try it out. Apologies for the bouncing, and poor shooting, but overall I thought it turned out well enough. And I only got 13 of the 16 stages, though I have no explanation why.
    Shooter's Digest Blog

Any one coming to Oxford for the Nationals in September?

Is there a difference in how SO's run big matches like this vs locals in regaurds to shooting and the stages? A lot of local guys like to add in their 2 cents on top of the stage description.
    Blue Bullets Team dude

Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    Is there a difference in how SO's run big matches like this vs locals in regaurds to shooting and the stages? A lot of local guys like to add in their 2 cents on top of the stage description.
    I don't see a big difference. On Stage 16, I heard the SO say that HE would draw first, but the COF didn't specify either.

Sometimes local SO's are more lax on certain kinds of calls. Nobody ever calls round-dumping at local matches. (maybe because they don't agree with the rule.) They tend to be firm about cover, muzzle, and trigger calls...as they should be. And, sometimes they will "give" you a bullet that barely touched the perforation, etc.

And local SO's are more helpful with tips and strategy at the local level because, after all, they are practice for sanctioned matches.

Just my take.
    CC

I did the match on friday and saturday and next year I will probably do it all in one day as I plan to do at the Nationals. It seemed I had just got going good on friday when we were finished for the day and then had to wait untill saturday at 1pm to shoot the second half. The match is run so well that doing 16 stages in one day is no problem. The confines of some of the courses made it a set up to break the 180, or in many cases much less than 180. I think stages 11 and 12 had the most DQs. The way they checked your ammo and your gun were really well done and did not slow the match at all and I think it should be done at every sanctioned match. The East coast championship and the NC state match should seem easy after the Cup.

What are the rules for the little side match to win the gun? I heard certain people got multiple reshoots and such.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Blue Bullets Team dude

Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    What are the rules for the little side match to win the gun? I heard certain people got multiple reshoots and such.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    If they reshoot the side match they paid $10.00 it. I shot it twice and paid $20.00.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    If they reshoot the side match they paid $10.00 it. I shot it twice and paid $20.00.
    They gave away 2 M&P Shields, one for the fastest time (Mr Vogel of course), and a drawing for all who shot the side match. BTW, new member here, I can't believe I didn't know about this forum.

User Tag List