Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preferred Glock AIWB light bearing holster?

Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JM Custom Kydex. G19 with TLR-7/8A

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The Malus sol is the best I’ve used so for with an x300.

The floodlight and Gotham units are both - terrible- for my use and I say that having earned a fast coin drawing from a Gotham
    Have you ever had issues with a comped Glock being exposed out the end of the Malus Sol?

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Have you ever had issues with a comped Glock being exposed out the end of the Malus Sol?
    No. The big ass yoga block wedge I use keeps the hot parts off your soft parts

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Tried the DSG Rigel again, but instead of using the clip it came with I switched to pull the dot loops. It's definitely an improvement, but I'm finding the part of the holster containing the light is rubbing my thigh in an uncomfortable way. I am wondering about switching the mod wing to either a dark wing, light wing, or running it without a wing. Any suggestions? I have a dark wing I can throw on and can obviously try it without any wing, but I don't happen to have a light wing to try.

I also just bought some shorty DCC clips to try. Have no experience with them yet.
    A little bit of reverse cant may help too.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Got a bunch of hardware to play with recently. I'm currently trying the Rigel with PTD loops and a lightwing. I didn't think the light wing would make a difference but I think the setup conceals a little better and is a tad more comfortable compared to the modwing I had. I tried DCC clips on the Rigel but it just felt off- like the gun no longer moved with me enough, especially seated. I would've tried the DCC monoblock but it won't fit and I don't want to grind the hardware mounting area down just for a test.

On the other hand, I switched the PTD loops for DCC clips on the Orion (with a dark wing) I have and love it. I wasn't hopeful for this, but it seems to conceal a little better with the lower profile clips. More importantly to me, the movement issue I had on the Rigel isn't there.

I am not running neoprene on either and don't feel a need to right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I would've tried the DCC monoblock but it won't fit and I don't want to grind the hardware mounting area down just for a test.
    Top mount attachments aren't something I ever want my holsters to be compatible with, they require too much to be 100% secure, if they even can be, and the bending imparted on the holster shell will shorten the life greatly. The Monoblock is a replacement for the crappy plastic clips people shouldn't be using but choose to anyway.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Top mount attachments aren't something I ever want my holsters to be compatible with, they require too much to be 100% secure, if they even can be, and the bending imparted on the holster shell will shorten the life greatly. The Monoblock is a replacement for the crappy plastic clips people shouldn't be using but choose to anyway.
    Concur with fomi clips of any kind.. I appreciate the effort to design the monoblock but found it lacking for my needs.

To the degree that hard plastic/polymer can be trusted to secure a holstered weapon - I find the JM kydex split loop to be the least worst. My only issue with them is the attachment quite literally prints far worse than the gun or other gear - a phenomenon that plagues me with PTD loops as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Concur with fomi clips of any kind.. I appreciate the effort to design the monoblock but found it lacking for my needs.

To the degree that hard plastic/polymer can be trusted to secure a holstered weapon - I find the JM kydex split loop to be the least worst. My only issue with them is the attachment quite literally prints far worse than the gun or other gear - a phenomenon that plagues me with PTD loops as well.
    Went for a long walk today with the DCC clips and if they do nothing else well, the printing from the PTD snaps is gone

Anyone have experience with the DCC special applications clips? I am interested in the lower snag risk with clothes when moving around

I don't like any extra bulk in my IWB carry holsters.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

User Tag List