Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preferred Glock AIWB light bearing holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I don't like any extra bulk in my IWB carry holsters.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    IWB isn’t AIWB.

I trained my IWB to be AIWB when I put it there.

Dennis, please tell us more about that holster, your second photo is the tease.

Quote Originally Posted by DueSpada View Post
    I trained my IWB to be AIWB when I put it there.

Dennis, please tell us more about that holster, your second photo is the tease.
    True. AIWB has different requirements and I would say clips would be much more functional than loops.

I was forced to make my own IWB holsters when they were all too overbuilt and I wanted maximum concealability and comfort. I make them out of 0.08" Kydex and after careful cardboard and blue tape WML channel making and forming them in a homemade press, I can bend them to my body shape. I have carried daily with these for a decade and have no issues with all day driving, walking, hiking, and even running.

I carry Raven OWB for duty or G17/X300

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dennis; 10-28-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The Malus sol is the best I’ve used so for with an x300.

The floodlight and Gotham units are both - terrible- for my use and I say that having earned a fast coin drawing from a Gotham
    Magnus Sol for me too

No. The big ass yoga block wedge I use keeps the hot parts off your soft parts
    You added a foam wedge on top of the built-in wedge or down below it? Cuz that's alotta wedge!

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    You added a foam wedge on top of the built-in wedge or down below it? Cuz that's alotta wedge!
    Yes. My wedge goes over and extends further down than the molded in wedge

I need a huge wedge and less grip rotation than most to get the best concealment and grip

Name:  57E023F8-18FF-4449-AD89-FBBB596CAE67.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:  482ECB3C-D11D-4D93-8EAF-96C3A9794DD1.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  42.7 KB

Yes. My wedge goes over and extends further down than the molded in wedge

I need a huge wedge and less grip rotation than most to get the best concealment and grip
    I'm not a big wedge guy but I do like having the soft velcro on the holster where it contacts my thigh. I feel the dark wing gives me the rotation I need for both pulling the grip in and slightly tipping the barrel out.

I have a jmck wing claw 2.5 sitting around that I might try the dark wing on as well, but I'm really loving the dsg orion with the DCC clips and dark wing for now (or the Rigel with PTD loops and lightwing when carrying with an x300u).

Site Supporter
    I’ve got some experience with the PHLster floodlight and the tenicor malus sol. I don’t think either of them are perfect, but each of them does something very well.

For me at least, the muzzle end of the PHLster was dramatically more comfortable than the tenicor because It’s cut flush with the bezel of the x300. I also found that the way PHLster molds the kydex around the light bezel to be slightly more comfortable than the way tenicor does it, even with loop side Velcro tape over the bezel. The PHLster also conceals better for me, even with big yoga block wedges on both holsters. His is probably because of the modwing.

The tenicor had better coverage of the trigger guard, better attachment options out of the box (I didn’t have to buy DCC clips separately like I did for the PHLster) better fit and retention since it’s a Glock specific holster, and my favorite sweat guard design out of any holster I’ve seen or worn. Granted, I’m pretty new to this and only have experience with PHLster, tenicor, and darkstar gear. Whether the sweatguard is even a consideration is all up to you though, I’m fat so I prefer to have something keeping my rear sight from stabbing my gut.

Bottom line is that I returned the tenicor and kept the PHLster, but neither have been as comfortable for long periods of time as my non light bearing holster has been.

I've struggled to find an AIWB solution for my Roland Special with the X300U attached. My preferred AIWB holster is the Keeper, which doesn't come in a light-bearing variant. I have a very thin build and not a lot of waist, and I've found claw holsters too bulky for me. I don't need much rotation or tuck to make concealment work - generally I want the holster to be flat with a minimal footprint, and I much prefer a higher ride. I acknowledge "minimal footprint" and "X300U" are not an easy combination.

So I've recently pressed a JMCK light-bearing IWB3 into service as an AIWB solution. With the split loops in a reverse cant position and the highest ride, it seems to be working well for me. I understand that the IWB3 lacks the grip rotating aspects of the 'George', but with the right belt the grip seems to hug my waistline well enough. Going to work with this a bit more.
    Name:  879B9B46-F47F-4147-A87D-7FF77A762FA1_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  100.7 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I've struggled to find an AIWB solution for my Roland Special with the X300U attached. My preferred AIWB holster is the Keeper, which doesn't come in a light-bearing variant. I have a very thin build and not a lot of waist, and I've found claw holsters too bulky for me. I don't need much rotation or tuck to make concealment work - generally I want the holster to be flat with a minimal footprint, and I much prefer a higher ride. I acknowledge "minimal footprint" and "X300U" are not an easy combination.

So I've recently pressed a JMCK light-bearing IWB3 into service as an AIWB solution. With the split loops in a reverse cant position and the highest ride, it seems to be working well for me. I understand that the IWB3 lacks the grip rotating aspects of the 'George', but with the right belt the grip seems to hug my waistline well enough. Going to work with this a bit more.
    []
    A different belt attachment might help you out, maybe a DCC monoblock.

User Tag List