Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preferred Glock AIWB light bearing holster?

Preferred Glock AIWB light bearing holster?

Just curious what people are running and what mods they have done. I have tried to run the x300 ultra but I just don't love my current light bearing AIWB holster (DSG) and end up switching to my non light bearing AIWB (also DSG). I looked at the Tenicor thread and the Malus Sol seems like a nice option but I'm wondering if I just haven't set my holster up right or if I should be getting a certain make.

Site Supporter
    No X300 here, but I've come to prefer the Tenicor Certum 3 with a foam wedge added for a G17/TLR-7A. I'll probably give the Mal Sol a try with an X300 at some point.

The Malus sol is the best I’ve used so for with an x300.

The floodlight and Gotham units are both - terrible- for my use and I say that having earned a fast coin drawing from a Gotham

I've got three DGS rigels. they are the most comfortable AIWB holster I've tried, aside from the 5shot SME. The addition of the X300 spreads the pressure over a wider area and reduces the feeling of being jabbed by the holster. Unfortunately, the rigel doesn't play well with the X300V, so for the pistol sporting that, I'm using the rig from Henry Holsters

eta: I'm using modified Discreet carry concepts clips on the Henry

Henry Holster Spark w/ DCC clips for me... I find it smaller and more comfortable than the Gotham. And it conceals better for me than anything else I've tried, light or no light.

No experience with any other light bearing holster, but I really like my Tenicor Malus Sol.

Site Supporter
    I'm using a PHLster Floodlight for a TLR1 HL with a foam wedge I made. Works for my Gen 5 19 with comp, Commander, and will work with my Staccatto C2 when it arrives. I did cut the extra Kydex from the muzzle area that wasn't needed to cover the ends of my pistols.

Name:  Floodlight.jpg
Views: 2308
Size:  74.2 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Name:  JMCK.jpg
Views: 2125
Size:  101.9 KB

I chose to have Tony modify his light bearing AIWB for me and am very happy with it overall. Good tuck even without and kind of external wing. I did add the DSG tear drop muzzle pad afterwards and found that it greatly enhances comfort and ease of on/off.

AIWB Holsters I have tried for my Glock 19 with X300U-B:
    - G Code INCOG
    - Tier 1 Concealment Axis Slim
    - Tier 1 Concealment Axis Elite
    - Phlster Floodlight
    - Bawidamann Gotham V1

My favorite is the Tier 1 Axis Elite. It is very stable, creates a flat platform across the waistline, enables spare mag carry at a canted slant for easy retrieval. I have not pressure tested the holster with grappling but it stays on with running, lifting, and daily activities. I have a two hour commute daily and it is very comfortable in the car. I have worn it to multiple pistol classes without issues (including ones with rolling around urban prone, inside vehicle maneuvering, etc). The Axis slim is similar but the magazine is not as canted.
    My second favorite is the Phlster and you cannot beat the floodlight for its near universality.
    I have foam wedges on all my AIWB holsters.

BTW, I would not recommend the foam wedges that Tier 1 now sells. They are too narrow for my taste. I like the foam wedge from LAS concealment. https://lasconcealment.com/products/...rop-foam-wedge
    I have an LAS concealment AIWB Saya 2.0 for my Staccato P and C2 duo and it is very comfortable with the X300U. I know you were looking for Glock 19 AIWB but since it can comfortably carry/conceal the Staccatos, i would imagine that it would be comfortable with the G19 as well.

I would NOT recommend at all the INCOG or the Gotham Version1

Tried the DSG Rigel again, but instead of using the clip it came with I switched to pull the dot loops. It's definitely an improvement, but I'm finding the part of the holster containing the light is rubbing my thigh in an uncomfortable way. I am wondering about switching the mod wing to either a dark wing, light wing, or running it without a wing. Any suggestions? I have a dark wing I can throw on and can obviously try it without any wing, but I don't happen to have a light wing to try.

I also just bought some shorty DCC clips to try. Have no experience with them yet.
    Last edited by pastaslinger; 10-09-2020 at 07:38 PM.

User Tag List