Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF issues cease and desist on Q LLC Honey Badger Pistol

Site Supporter
    This may have already been posted, but just in case it has not, here is the superbly written letter from Q's attorney in response.

https://www.liveqordie.com/wp-conten...e-9-2-20-1.pdf

The Cliff notes:

1) The ATF action is a violation of due process by failing to provide adequate notice of how to conform one's conduct to the requirements of the law.

2) The ATF has failed to follow the requirements of the Administrative Procedure Act in making rules (in general, notice of rulemaking and an opportunity for comment before the rule takes effect, as well as other requirements set forth in the letter) under which pistol braces are to be evaluated.

3) The ATF is in violation of prior Supreme Court cases indicating that criminal statutes cannot be enforced when people have relied on past agency action and then the agency abruptly changes course.

4) If the Honey Badger is ultimately determined to be a short barrel rifle, refraining from applying the decision retroactively and providing guidance on a proposed solution will encourage customers to come forward to implement the solution without fear of prosecution, thus ensuring compliance.

I agree 100% with all of her points.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    The link didn’t work and I was unable to find them on the insta search directory, were they banned?
    Could be 'shadow banned' - Basically Instagram makes it hard for someone who isn't actively following them to find their posts.

Here is the post in question - I clicked the link (it worked for me) and screenshot it.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 11.54.47 AM.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  54.9 KB

___

And dear ATF; You can't apply a length-of-pull measurement to something that is not a stock, words have meanings you assholes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

And dear ATF; You can't apply a length-of-pull measurement to something that is not a stock, words have meanings you assholes.
    That’s a really good point!

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    But, frankly, they don't give a flying fornication. Which is why we are here.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Wondering if Q's lawyers can take that statement and say that must mean that ATF allows shouldering all of the time.

Almost certainly wishful thinking on my part

Has anyone seen anything from Noveske? Their N4 Gen 4 PDW (aka Ghetto Blaster) uses the same brace as the Honey Badger.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Has anyone seen anything from Noveske? Their N4 Gen 4 PDW (aka Ghetto Blaster) uses the same brace as the Honey Badger.
    I was going to ask the same question myself.

I saw this over on the Beretta Forums.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/batf-and-braces-42500174

For those who seemed to only start posting about the form 1 process I was immediately reminded of battered woman syndrome.

It seems some gun owners seem to be so used to taking it on the chin it seems "turn the other cheek" has become a conditioned response for some.

I have no personal qualms with the consideration and mindset that braces could someday be attacked by the BATFE, but if your initial reaction to this is just letting this slide and not taking action then we're in deep shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUZENE View Post
    For those who seemed to only start posting about the form 1 process I was immediately reminded of battered woman syndrome.

It seems some gun owners seem to be so used to taking it on the chin it seems "turn the other cheek" has become a conditioned response for some.

I have no personal qualms with the consideration and mindset that braces could someday be attacked by the BATFE, but if your initial reaction to this is just letting this slide and not taking action then we're in deep shit.
    Touché

I will see your bet sir - and I’ll raise you:

If you follow mask mandates, you’ll turn over your gun without a fight too

User Tag List