Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF issues cease and desist on Q LLC Honey Badger Pistol

Site Supporter
    If you've ever used a SilencerShop kiosk, you can also call them and they'll send you fingerprint cards for $5/set. Last I looked it wasn't an option on their website, but they'll do it if you call.

Site Supporter
    I found a Guns and Ammo article indicating that ATF may be operating under a guideline that a brace that provides a length of pull exceeding 13.5 inches crosses the line into becoming a shoulder stock.

I see some serious due process issues with the way this is being done. If they are going to impose criminal penalties, they need to provide notice of exactly where the line is drawn, at least in the form of official rule making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I’ve lost count on how many times ATF has reversed itself on this issue, but my thought is that would factor into the due process, notice, vagueness, and arbitrariness arguments as well. It’s not as if braces are a new idea.

The whole thing brings up my distaste for rule making delegation, particularly when it comes to determining criminal conduct.

I like TGC for stuff like this. Here is their breakdown of whats happening.

sooner or later the ATF is going to stop fucking around and pick some random dude/company/gunshop to prosecute for this shit, and even when that "victim" prevails they're unlikely to do so with their financial butthole in-tact.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I personally believe that SBR’s (and supressors for that matter) shouldn’t be more regulated than regular firearms. It’s silly/stupid to do so.

With that being said, the latest of the ATF’s letters said occasional shooting from the shoulder is ok. They didn’t say that always, each and every time, shooting from the shoulder is ok. They left a lot of unknown leeway as to how they would determine if the user is intending to make an SBR.

Yet a quick search of YouTube vids of people shooting the Honey Badger braced pistol show them firing from the shoulder, and nothing but the shoulder. (and the same can be said for other AR pistols with braces)

I don’t know how people can think that openly flaunting this isn’t going to lead to problems like what we are seeing here.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I personally believe that SBR’s (and supressors for that matter) shouldn’t be more regulated than regular firearms. It’s silly/stupid to do so.

With that being said, the latest of the ATF’s letters said occasional shooting from the shoulder is ok. They didn’t say that always, each and every time, shooting from the shoulder is ok. They left a lot of unknown leeway as to how they would determine if the user is intending to make an SBR.

Yet a quick search of YouTube vids of people shooting the Honey Badger braced pistol show them firing from the shoulder, and nothing but the shoulder. (and the same can be said for other AR pistols with braces)

I don’t know how people can think that openly flaunting this isn’t going to lead to problems like what we are seeing here.
    I always make a point to shoot my Tailhook equipped pistols as designed, and forensic analysis will back me up.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have been unable to find any really good views of the Honey Badger’s brace, other than the usual side, top, and bottom views, but some amount of internettin’ has found statements from folks saying that the perhaps-proprietary brace on the Honey Badger does not work well, in the real world, as an actual forearm brace. If that factor is the root cause of the BATFEmens’ behavior, well, perhaps we can all breathe a little easier, pending what they determine upon examining a sample of the Sugar Weasel, which has a brace sourced from SB Tactical.

Even so, I still consider my DDM4 V7P to be a “temporary” handgun, that I may have to re-barrel to 16”, eventually, or have a silly 5.7”-long “flash hider” pinned and welded. When I bought a rather expensive Eberlestock backpack, with packing my LAW-folder-ed AR pistol in mind, I got the model tall enough to contain the weapon folded, with a 16” barrel. I’ll admit that I browsed around on the ‘net for 16” barrels, this morning, thinking about beating the rush.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Even so, I still consider my DDM4 V7P to be a “temporary” handgun, that I may have to re-barrel to 16”, eventually, or have a silly 5.7”-long “flash hider” pinned and welded. When I bought a rather expensive Eberlestock backpack, with packing my LAW-folder-ed AR pistol in mind, I got the model tall enough to contain the weapon folded, with a 16” barrel. I’ll admit that I browsed around on the ‘net for 16” barrels, this morning, thinking about beating the rush.
    I’m thinking similarly. I went ahead and ordered some pistol buffer tubes while I can find them until I decide if I’m going to pin and weld my 5.56 and 9mm or go ahead and SBR them.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I figured this was coming. ATF has a long history of just "changing their mind" and they seem to never be held accountable by the courts or congress. Akins Accelerator, Street Sweeper, bump stocks, open bolt semi-autos, etc.

Somebody there screwed things up approving the pistol brace ,and they have ungracefully been trying to find ways to reel it back ever since (you cannot shoulder it, no wait you can, no wait a crutch tip on the tube is a stock, etc. etc.). Not having found that route successful they are just going to start to flagrantly change their mind as they have in the past and ban them. Nobody anywhere in the .gov will be held accountable in any way. Tough pignuckles you serfs!

User Tag List