Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF issues cease and desist on Q LLC Honey Badger Pistol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    That's a whole lot more instant felons than the bump stock ban made, and the ramifications of that genuinely scare me.
    As a practical matter, at this point there are enough pistol braces that they would need to grandfather those currently in use. It was also easier to deal with the bump stocks because they were only one or two manufacturers.

Can anyone walk me through e-filing a Form 1? Also I heard it’s acceptable to roll your own fingerprints. Is that correct?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I know they were states were you can own brace pistols but not NFA items but honestly if I could get a factory SBR via an E file form 4 in 30 days instead of a year I would probably have a lot more SBRs.
    Yeah, I live in one. Illinois. Not too tore up about SBR's really. Braces are an acceptable substitute, and a Nelson Munce "ha ha" to our Chicago overlords, who probably just aren't aware of the whole brace/stock "loophole" yet. This isn't a sour grapes defense; I'm not really sure all the SBR shenanigans are worth $200. Although who am I kidding, I'm sure I'd have a few if I could.

Wish I could get suppressors though.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I know they were states were you can own brace pistols but not NFA items but honestly if I could get a factory SBR via an E file form 4 in 30 days instead of a year I would probably have a lot more SBRs.

If they want more tax revenue Put form threes and form fours on e-file.
    Well if they did everything by e-file the wait from the backlog would increase significantly. I already have a 300BLK SBR. I wanted the HB pistol for ease of travel without having to file a 5320.20.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    Disclaimer: As per previous ATF discussion thread, I could be wrong. I’m not an expert.

That being said, I thought how you title the Form 4473 determined how the firearm was transferred and titled. Take an AR-15 lower for example. Transfer it as a rifle, and it is a rifle. Do not put a pistol arm brace on it, for it is not a pistol. Same for a pistol lower. Transfer it as a pistol, and it is a pistol. Put a pistol brace on it, put an upper with a barrel shorter than 16” on it, for it is a pistol. Do not put a rifle stock on it and a short barrel, for then it becomes an SBR (silly, I know).

I agree. Let’s do away with this rifle/pistol/shotgun nonsense. Length, rifling, etc... Founders intent, common usage. Does not matter a whit to sporting purposes or reducing crime. I shoot for sport, hunting, defense and all lawful purposes. I am the gun culture. Read Unintended Consequences again.
    Lowers do not get transferred as pistols or rifles, they're transferred to you as "other".

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Yeah, I live in one. Illinois. Not too tore up about SBR's really. Braces are an acceptable substitute, and a Nelson Munce "ha ha" to our Chicago overlords, who probably just aren't aware of the whole brace/stock "loophole" yet. This isn't a sour grapes defense; I'm not really sure all the SBR shenanigans are worth $200. Although who am I kidding, I'm sure I'd have a few if I could.

Wish I could get suppressors though.
    I’m planning on doing it as soon as my residency flips to NH from this hellhole.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I think it's interesting that news is breaking today, but the letter is dated Aug 3rd. That's 2 whole months of people with Honey badgers being left in the lurch legally?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I think it's interesting that news is breaking today, but the letter is dated Aug 3rd. That's 2 whole months of people with Honey badgers being left in the lurch legally?
    I doubt that many people bought them unless in private sales. I’ve been looking for one since long before August and couldn’t find one anywhere.

It does beg the question though about retroactive policies. At the time people bought a HB pistol they were following the law. I don’t see how this ATF decision would be applied to them. But I’m not a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Anyone else get this email from Q today? I was on their wait list for a pistol version of the Honey Badger. I really dislike ATF. I wonder if they will come after other weapons using a brace? I don’t see what makes the HB unique from other maker’s pistol AR’s.
    An ATF SA buddy of mine told me the other day that he believes that will happen next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    An ATF SA buddy of mine told me the other day that he believes that will happen next year.
    That agency really needs to be abolished. Of course if Biden wins the election ATF May try to come after more than braced pistols.

User Tag List