Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: ATF issues cease and desist on Q LLC Honey Badger Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Some problems with the "fired with one hand" part of the "standard:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCra4qOrjFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ulWGiJb1uI
    Whether or not something can be fired with one hand is not important. What matters is whether it was, "designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand," or whether it was, "designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder."

See 18USC922(a)(5), 18USC922(a)(6), and 18USC922(a(29).

Leaving out important words from the legal definitions will only create confusion.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Whether or not something can be fired with one hand is not important. What matters is whether it was, "designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand," or whether it was, "designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder."

See 18USC922(a)(5), 18USC922(a)(6), and 18USC922(a(29).

Leaving out important words from the legal definitions will only create confusion.
    If we are talking about the statute, I would agree, and perhaps I posted too hastily. My intent was to refer to the shifting criteria used by ATF to determine whether something is designed to be fired by one hand. What one person would find too front heavy and what another person would find too front heavy can be quite different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List