Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF issues cease and desist on Q LLC Honey Badger Pistol

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post

Maybe the mods can combine the threads?
    Done. As a heads up, the "report post" can be used for these sorts of requests just in case one of us doesn't wander into a given thread.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    If you haven't already, please contact DOJ by clicking the link in Q's letter or the one on our page https://www.nraila.org/articles/2020...-badger-pistol

They both lead to the same place.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I doubt that many people bought them unless in private sales. I’ve been looking for one since long before August and couldn’t find one anywhere.

It does beg the question though about retroactive policies. At the time people bought a HB pistol they were following the law. I don’t see how this ATF decision would be applied to them. But I’m not a lawyer.
    Article 1, Clause 3 of the constitution prohibits Ex-post facto laws.

If Congress can’t make them and agency can’t make them under the administrative procedure act.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Article 1, Clause 3 of the constitution prohibits Ex-post facto laws.

If Congress can’t make them and agency can’t make them under the administrative procedure act.
    This isn’t really an Ex Post Facto issue. You wouldn’t be punished for having had the Honey Badger pistol some time on the past, you’d be punished for having it now because now it’s an unregistered SBR.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Well this is dated in June. I wonder if they ever got a response? I'm guessing no.

"We understand that ATF is currently considering restricting one arm brace model owned by over 700,000 Americans," Congressman Gaetz writes along with six other members of Congress. "We strongly urge ATF to cease taking any actions and reconsider or rescind any secret determinations which call into question the legality of firearms owned by millions of law-abiding Americans."

Gaetz and his colleagues pose three specific questions to the Attorney General and the Acting Director:

1. What specific criteria does ATF use to determine whether a firearm is designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder?

2. What specific ATF publications are available for Americans to determine whether their firearm is designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder?

3. How many firearms with affixed arm braces have been evaluated by the Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division in support of other law enforcement agencies or criminal prosecutions?

https://gaetz.house.gov/media/hottak...DnQh2nU0v7C2jE

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Can anyone walk me through e-filing a Form 1? Also I heard it’s acceptable to roll your own fingerprints. Is that correct?
    I don't know about rolling your own fingerprints. I ordered fingerprnit cards from Amazon and had them rolled by a CCW class instructor who is also qualified & trained to roll fingerprints. I had a passport photo taken and scanned it onto my computer. I registered with the ATF site at https://eforms.atf.gov/, logged in and completed the Form 1 online. It then gives you a control number and emails you a cover letter that has the control number on it with some other information that you must include with the fingerprints that you mail in. The fingerprints must be received within 10 days of the online application.

I rolled my own and used my iPhone to take the photo following general guidelines within the last three months. Approved in under three weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both SBR and braced pistol. The pita about sbr is that you have to ask for permission to take them over state lines. I live near a state border...that sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But the form 20 (state permission slip) is good for a year. It came back approved in about 2 weeks.
    I also rolled my own fingerprints and took a selfy with the phone. Both Form 1's approved without any issues. the NFA subreddit and ar15.com have good walkthroughs for doing Form 1s.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully we get some clarification about this situation soon. Otherwise, I guess I’ll be Form 1’ing my pistol.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List