Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF issues cease and desist on Q LLC Honey Badger Pistol

Probably could be called an executive order. The reclassification of the striker and street sweeper shotguns to DD's was clearly an ATF political operation for something they had long approved and allowed thousands to be sold. Short amnesty period for the owners to register them.

Akins Accellerator had small numbers, but they had an ATF Tech branch approval letter. When they reversed themselves the owners had 90 days to turn them in or face charges for owning an illegal MG. When they banned the open bolt Tec 9 after allowing them to be sold for several years, those owners had the same treatment.

Regardless of the numbers out there, they have shown a willingness to do this over decades. They will reverse themselves/change their minds and demand compliance for something they had explicitly approved and allowed in the past. They do not give a crap about the fact you may have purchased it legally and with their approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
    "The same sources believe that the ATF didn’t move on the pistol braces earlier because the agency didn’t think they had the political capital to regulate braces."

yup, sounds like ATF, anyone who thinks they operate solely under the rule of law is impossibly naďve

Site Supporter
    Sometimes it seems like the ATF is not “what can we prove in court”. But “what can we get away with”

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Probably could be called an executive order. The reclassification of the striker and street sweeper shotguns to DD's was clearly an ATF political operation for something they had long approved and allowed thousands to be sold. Short amnesty period for the owners to register them.
    While surely debatable, I doubt many people would consider more than seven years (March 1, 1994 until May 1, 2001) a "short" period of time.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ru...uns%20with%20a

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/op...riker/download

However, like many discussions about ATF, far too many people make claims about them without knowing the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    However, like many discussions about ATF, far too many people make claims about them without knowing the facts.
    So other than "short period of time" help me out here, which other of my facts was wrong about ATF's behavior and changing their mind about rulings and disallowing something that had previously been sold legally because the political winds changed?

I mean I don't want to get my facts wrong since I obviously don't know them, and am obviously demeaning the fine reputation of these fair and consistent regulators at ATF.

Thumbs up to Q for keeping their customers informed.

Can't help but wonder which other companies are involved but haven't let anyone know.

Site Supporter
    The erratic 'Legal today, Illegal tomorrow' standard is awful enough - but what deeply concerns me as a taxpayer and citizen is this particular line from the Ammoland article:
    When asked, ATF agents and employees are not permitted to comment or answer questions on pistol braces’ legality.
    How the fuck is that acceptable? Isn't that literally their own FTB's lane to assess those issues and offer those conclusions?

It's one thing to change the speed limits suddenly and get a speeding ticket the next day - but its entirely another to have no speed limit signs at all, and reserve the right to issue tickets if they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
    Any details for the non Facebookers?

User Tag List