Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Van Halen-RIP

Eddie Van Halen-RIP

Legendary rock guitarist, Eddie Van Halen, has died. He was 65.

Van Halen's son, Wolf, confirmed the news on Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...van-halen-dead

Site Supporter
    Godspeed.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Sad news. I saw them him and the group at the beginning of my senior year of HS, in the Fall on 1978, when they were just starting to get big.

Site Supporter
    Well, darn.

Saw Van Halen in September of 1986 at the Summit in Houston touring in support of the 5150 album. BTO opened. Then Van Halen took the stage. They put on one heck of a show.

RIP Eddie Van Halen.

Saw them the first time in 1977 at a club in California, shortly before their debut album was released--amazing, mind blowing show.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

One of the absolute greats, a giant even among other awesome guitarist has passed.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I though I lucked out. Got up to go get Brat the Third at school and instead of my usual local talk radio, I found I had left my radio on the local rock station with the funny morning show...you know the one- all AC/DC all the time, except for the Def Lepard breaks. Van Halen was playing and I grooved out. Then another Van Halen song. Rocked out thinking "yeah! Two for Tuesday!" About 4 songs later the DJ broke the news...

I never saw them live, but when my dad got remarried the step mom had MTV. 1984 was the hot album at the time, and heavy in the rotation.

And his ex-wife is hawt.

pat

Dammit.

Godspeed.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

RIP

2020 you miserable bitch....
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List