Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long shot, but does anyone know anything about "Phaser" programming?

Site Supporter
    I made some changes, the sound methods and objects seems to be the problem.
    I commented out those and the game loads and runs. phaser.txt

So your son needs to check the methods and properites of the sound objects.
    He is trying to set the 'volume' property for the engine sound and then play the explotion sound.
    BNoth of those are failing so the object constructor or the methods are not correct.

The only way I could be more lost in this thread is if it was in Greek or Cyrillic. And I’m ok with that...🙃
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Engineer programmer tried to look its giving him a 404 error on the first one and ask for id/ pw on the second one
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    My son is struggling to get a game working that's part of his computer science class. The teacher hasn't been responsive during distance learning. I know diddly shit about this sort of thing and of no assistance. I know it's a long shot, but if I post the code he's having issues with is there anyone who might be able to advise the issue?
    The code problems are bieng adressed so I'll mention this --- this lack of responsiveness is absolutely typical for CS/language classes. Don't take it as a personal slight.

The rationale is basically -- you must be able to figure it out. It loosely follows the Pareto Principle... 80% of coding is figuring out how to do something, how to make it faster, more user friendly, etc., and 20% is actually doing it. My experience has been - "you're the coder; find the answer; figure it out; make it work."
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    The code problems are bieng adressed so I'll mention this --- this lack of responsiveness is absolutely typical for CS/language classes. Don't take it as a personal slight.

The rationale is basically -- you must be able to figure it out. It loosely follows the Pareto Principle... 80% of coding is figuring out how to do something, how to make it faster, more user friendly, etc., and 20% is actually doing it. My experience has been - "you're the coder; find the answer; figure it out; make it work."
    Because, in the end, "Software is free. Hardware costs money."
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    On the road. Sent him link. Will update.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post

Probably not the best approach to an entry level high school class, though. Distance learning has been a good growing experience for doing your own research/learning to learn type stuff but when you're stuck, spent a multitude of hours on a stumbling block, then it's time for a teacher to teach, IMO. That said, he did call today and and is going to help out.

That said, he says it's working now and thanks for everyone's help.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The only way I could be more lost in this thread is if it was in Greek or Cyrillic. And I’m ok with that...🙃

Привет мир!

:-P

This thread makes me happy. The internet as it should be. People solving problems, perusing interests, and learning new things.

You can’t manufacture this kind of stuff in a classroom. I’m not saying this teacher is doing this intentionally but sometimes getting out of the way is the best teaching method there is.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Привет мир!

:-P
    Γειά σου Κόσμε!

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List