Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 AXG Scorpion - A Factory Metal Frame P320

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    A metal P320 with a thumb safety would have my attention
    This. If Sig makes that gun with a thumb safety I'd get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Me Three. Also, please make the new stand alone FCUs available with a manual safety already installed. I think they were supposed to be released this month?
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, it goes off when you drop it, it bends ejectors if you insert a mag too firmly, and it has running changes that creates compatibility issues between different, supposedly interchangeable parts (the anti-thesis' of modularity)?
    Think of it like the Windows 10 of pistols. Why come up with a new generation gun when you can just push out a patch next week that will fix a problem and introduce two more?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    If it shares the control locations of their current manual thumb safety P320's, I'll hard pass on that one.

Site Supporter
    The magazine floor plate should stop over insertion and therefore prevent damaging the ejector. Perhaps I missed something about the design and the ejectors can be damaged?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    The magazine floor plate should stop over insertion and therefore prevent damaging the ejector. Perhaps I missed something about the design and the ejectors can be damaged?
    Ejector is internal to the stamped frame of the serialized fire control unit - use a mag that doesn't have a floor plate to prevent over insertion, slam it home, and you bend the ejector.

Seems like the easy solution is to use a mag that has a proper floor plate

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    Seems like the easy solution is to use a mag that has a proper floor plate

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Define "proper" as there are factory mags which are supposed to be "proper" but don't actually stop the mag where they should. Specifically the factory 21 rounders and the Legion 17 rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    If it shares the control locations of their current manual thumb safety P320's, I'll hard pass on that one.
    If I didn't carry an M17 at work I wouldn't touch any of the P320 pistols. I hate how small and low the manual safety is. But it's what they issue me so I want to keep everything the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

If they would just make it with a hammer and decocker.

I’m going to guess they found a way to scavenge existing tooling to make parts for this. If there is one thing Sig is good at it’s squeezing every dime possible out of stuff they all ready have.

Wonder if they have a buyer for this already? I also wonder if this will be a limited run.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List