Thread: New Account Problems

New Account Problems

Hello. I'm posting here as a last ditch effort. I know this post will be moderated, and I'm creating it in the hopes a mod or admin will see it. I joined this site about two weeks ago, and made a post at that time. I'm aware that first post(s) are moderated, and I got a message saying it would need to be approved. However, neither that post, nor any I've tried to make since then have ever been approved. It seems like an unusually long time for posts to sit in limbo awaiting approval. I'm not new to forums. I've been on M4C for years with the same user name, as well as a few other boards for different topics, but this is the first time I've ever experienced anything like this. I was going to try to reach out to a mod or admin directly, but I don't have permission to send a private message or email to anyone. I've been reading and rereading through the site rules and FAQs trying to determine if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not coming up with anything. Could someone please help me out, or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Hello. I'm posting here as a last ditch effort. I know this post will be moderated, and I'm creating it in the hopes a mod or admin will see it. I joined this site about two weeks ago, and made a post at that time. I'm aware that first post(s) are moderated, and I got a message saying it would need to be approved. However, neither that post, nor any I've tried to make since then have ever been approved. It seems like an unusually long time for posts to sit in limbo awaiting approval. I'm not new to forums. I've been on M4C for years with the same user name, as well as a few other boards for different topics, but this is the first time I've ever experienced anything like this. I was going to try to reach out to a mod or admin directly, but I don't have permission to send a private message or email to anyone. I've been reading and rereading through the site rules and FAQs trying to determine if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not coming up with anything. Could someone please help me out, or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    Sorry about that SteveL. Welcome to Pistol-Forum!

I’ve been traveling, and I know the other Mods are super busy.

I’m in the airport, and will try to figure out what’s up with your account when I get home tomorrow.

Don’t hesitate to reach out again by PM or posting.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I’m in the airport, and will try to figure out what’s up with your account when I get home tomorrow.

No worries! Thank you for your help. All of my posts just appeared so whatever you did worked. Safe travels!
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

Annnd I'm right back to waiting for posts to be approved. I thought that was only expected to happen to the first one, but could be wrong.
    Steve

Annnd I'm right back to waiting for posts to be approved. I thought that was only expected to happen to the first one, but could be wrong.
    This is above my pay grade. @LittleLebowski?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Test.

Edit: It appears everything is working now. I can post and send private messages. Thank you!
    Steve

My ability to edit posts seems to have disappeared. Is there a time limit on that feature or is this another glitch?

Edit: I currently have the option to edit this post, but no others. So I'm guessing there's a time limit to make an edit.
    Steve

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    My ability to edit posts seems to have disappeared. Is there a time limit on that feature or is this another glitch?

Edit: I currently have the option to edit this post, but no others. So I'm guessing there's a time limit to make an edit.
    There is a time limit, if you want something changed after it expires feel free to hit the "report" button and give an explanation and one of the mods will likely oblige you. There's 3 mods and 1 admin at the moment. All of us are pretty busy and only the admin can approve new users, but we'll help as we can.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List