Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul BTR - the Magpul AR pistol brace

Magpul BTR - the Magpul AR pistol brace

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Seems like a long, long overdue no-brainer considering their product line.

The narrow form factor should work great with a LAW folding mechanism. That QD cup placement makes me laugh, though.

SBRs just need to stop being an ATF item. I'll fucking send you 200 dollars .gov if it makes your pockets happy just stop regulating them with stupid rules...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    That QD cup placement makes me laugh, though.
    Just guessing but that may be part of how this got checked off as a brace. "Because obviously, Mr. Agent, you wouldn't put a QD swivel on the end of a stock, right?" *exaggerated wink*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Just guessing but that may be part of how this got checked off as a brace. "Because obviously, Mr. Agent, you wouldn't put a QD swivel on the end of a stock, right?" *exaggerated wink*
    That's exactly why it made me laugh. Though I found it interesting that Magpul themselves mention that the ATF's FTB haven't issued letters on accessories since 10 DEC 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    This. And that MLOK slot is just perfect for adding a QD cup.

I'd forgotten all about these, I think they were originally supposed to be released over the Summer IIRC.

I'll probably buy one but I suspect it will be similar in feel and function to the KAK Shockwave, but this one won't require a tool to adjust it or remove it from the buffer tube.

"Ambidextrous rear QD cup allows sling tension to be applied while firing with one hand to improve stability"

Hammertime
    Heck yeah. Most of the current solutions were over priced IMO. This makes me really want an AR pistol actually. Haven't thought it worthwhile before.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I'd forgotten all about these, I think they were originally supposed to be released over the Summer IIRC.

I'll probably buy one but I suspect it will be similar in feel and function to the KAK Shockwave, but this one won't require a tool to adjust it or remove it from the buffer tube.
    For someone considering getting a brace, how do you think the KAK Shockwave compares from a functional and comfort standpoint as compared to the SB Tactical braces that seem to be the general go-to recommendation?

User Tag List