Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen5 40S&W New Release

So, does this mean Gen5 31, 32 and 33 variants are on the way?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Glock announced they would be phasing out the gen 4 guns a few months ago. They will continue to support existing gen 4s.

The only reason the still make Gen 3s is the California market.

Outside the US Gen3 especially in 9mm is still popular.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter
    I wonder if the 10mm and 45 ACP can fit into this new sized frame.
    From a manufacturing standpoint, I would think having 2 frame sizes or I guess 3 with the slimline would be better than 4 frame sizes.

Site Supporter
    With my mas o menos Spanish I can read some of this, but maybe we have someone who can translate the Portuguese for us.

We just got in some Glock 27 Gen 5s at the gun shop I work at. The slide is definitely noticeably beefed up, very similar if not identical to how the .45 GAP slides were. Hopefully this will mean better durability and reliability. I didn't notice any difference in the frame other than the typical Gen 5 changes, but I didn't look at the frame that hard. The slide has significantly more steel, though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    We just got in some Glock 27 Gen 5s at the gun shop I work at. The slide is definitely noticeably beefed up, very similar if not identical to how the .45 GAP slides were. Hopefully this will mean better durability and reliability. I didn't notice any difference in the frame other than the typical Gen 5 changes, but I didn't look at the frame that hard. The slide has significantly more steel, though.
    That is consistent with the Brazilian police contract guns and what many have previously said Glock’s .40 cal should have been in the first place.

Site Supporter
    I kind of want to hang out with the BOPE. Though I do not believe that is the BOPE on the video, but Military Police.

Site Supporter
    A recent visit to the ammo locker at the PD showed an excess of .40 including our issue 180 grain HST

Might be time to invest in a Gen5 .40 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    I’ve only handled a .45 GAP one time, and that’s been years. What is your perception of the slide bulk compared to a 21 or 30? I’m guessing substantially the same.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticlightfighter View Post
    A recent visit to the ammo locker at the PD showed an excess of .40 including our issue 180 grain HST

Might be time to invest in a Gen5 .40 MOS
    I have seen .40 on the shelves here in PA, so another .40 is tempting.

User Tag List