Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen5 40S&W New Release

Site Supporter
    If things hadn’t gone all 2020 I bet we would have a gen5 G35 by now.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    No reason they can't introduce a 23X now, since they made samples for MHS.

Edited to add:

a *product-improved* 23X, with standard Gen 5 mag well and MOS.
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 05-17-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    The Brazilian guns have a manual safety, though it does look crappy. However, Glock can and should make a quality safety a factory option.

Anyway, my ranting is done for the moment.

Amazing. It seems death to the .40 really began at the G23. Gen 2-4 were painful, yet HK, and P2.. were fine. Many reports say Gen 5 is “it” for .40 if we didn’t get soft.

I think HK has come up with the best .40 pistols; while I like my Gen4 G22 (and it's .357 SIG interchangable barrel), my HK P30L and VP40 are easier and more comfortable to shoot, with more effective recoil dissipation. I haven't shot one yet, but I suspect that the Gen5 G22 brings it up to parity with the HKs. Then things boil down to ergonomic preference and how important it is to easily do a detailed disassembly/reassembly.

For organizations, maintenance times and components/component costs are quantifiable resources. And pretty much nothing trumps Glock in terms of ease of maintenance and speed of disassembly/reassembly. That can be a significant factor in contract choice.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Amazing. It seems death to the .40 really began at the G23. Gen 2-4 were painful, yet HK, and P2.. were fine. Many reports say Gen 5 is “it” for .40 if we didn’t get soft.
    I have a Gen 5 G22 but have not purchased ammunition to shoot it yet. Word is the Gen 5 G22 shoots softer or has less felt recoil than a Gen 4 G35.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I have a Gen 5 G22 but have not purchased ammunition to shoot it yet. Word is the Gen 5 G22 shoots softer or has less felt recoil than a Gen 4 G35.
    I have a Gen 5 23 and it has less recoil than the Gen 4 23 I sold. I like the grip better on my Gen 4 35 so I am biased toward liking it better and I feel it is easier to shoot, but the Gen 5 23 does a good job of soaking up the recoil.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I have a Gen 5 23 and it has less recoil than the Gen 4 23 I sold. I like the grip better on my Gen 4 35 so I am biased toward liking it better and I feel it is easier to shoot, but the Gen 5 23 does a good job of soaking up the recoil.
    Agree. the 23.5 isn't a G19, but it's much more usable than the earlier iterations of the G23.

I wanted a 22.5 MOS but would up with a 23.5 MOS due to blue label availability. While it's doesn't reduce recoil, the pinky ledge of the SLR Rifle works magwell helps controllability.

I would like to try a comp on the 23.5 or better yet a 23X MOS.

I’m still really happy with my 27.5, and found quite a stash of .40 when I moved. I’m tempted to pick up a 23.5, but part of me is tempted to wait and see if they decide to do a 45 equivalent in .40.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m still really happy with my 27.5, and found quite a stash of .40 when I moved. I’m tempted to pick up a 23.5, but part of me is tempted to wait and see if they decide to do a 45 equivalent in .40.

How snappy is the 27.5 ?

My partner is going to be transitioning (no not in that way!) to a Gen 5 23. Glock should have done the beefier slides long ago.

User Tag List