Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen5 40S&W New Release

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It would be interesting to compare a Gen 4 22 with a Gen 5 23. To see if the shooting difference is still significant between the two guns.
    I agree, that would be very interesting. And one between a Gen 4 and 5 23.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It would be interesting to compare a Gen 4 22 with a Gen 5 23. To see if the shooting difference is still significant between the two guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    I agree, that would be very interesting. And one between a Gen 4 and 5 23. Cat
    I have done that, but don't have the data at hand. If we can accept a common understanding of what "easier to shoot" means to most, the G17 is easier than a gen5 G22 is easier than gen <5 G22. The same applies to a G19/G23 and G26/G27 comparison. Slide mass in the gen5 40 matters.

I liked the gen5 G23 over the gen4 G22.

Overall, I find the gen5 G22 and G23 to behave more like an oomphy 9mm than a legacy 40. Ammo matters as well, standard 180s, slow or fast 165s, 155s, and lighter all make a difference in the gaps.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by arcticlightfighter View Post
    A recent visit to the ammo locker at the PD showed an excess of .40 including our issue 180 grain HST

Might be time to invest in a Gen5 .40 MOS
    40 S&W will make a come back. 45-70 did and it was originally BP. How's that for 20/1 odds?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

DP.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Interesting time to come out with a new release when they can’t keep existing product on the shelf.
    It isn't what's available, it's what we may build if we see enough demand. Somebody is doing marketing research right now using P-F.

I remember Ruger offered a sxs shotgun ( Gold Label) on their website for a year that they never built. Not a single one ever hit the commercial market.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It isn't what's available, it's what we may build if we see enough demand. Somebody is doing marketing research right now using P-F.

I remember Ruger offered a sxs shotgun ( Gold Label) on their website for a year that they never built. Not a single one ever hit the commercial market.
    I handled two Gold Labels at the local store, a few made it out into the wild.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I handled two Gold Labels at the local store, a few made it out into the wild.
    Looks like I'm wrong. According to the SN look up they built 3364 in two years. I waited for one for several years and never found one.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Looks like I'm wrong. According to the SN look up they built 3364 in two years. I waited for one for several years and never found one.
    Total derail...

When I saw the Gold Labels, I couldn’t afford one. (I’ve been a closet DGJ reader for years.) I ended up scratching the better quality SxS itch years later with a round action Beretta 486 Parallelo. A truly potato pic, but it’s the only one I have on the phone:

Name:  EC5CA0F2-BB2F-4DB5-B518-DBB3A37ECA18.jpeg
Views: 607
Size:  40.6 KB

Now that I’m in NH, I’m hoping to show it some birds.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Total derail...

When I saw the Gold Labels, I couldn’t afford one. (I’ve been a closet DGJ reader for years.) I ended up scratching the better quality SxS itch years later with a round action Beretta 486 Parallelo. A truly potato pic, but it’s the only one I have on the phone:

Name:  EC5CA0F2-BB2F-4DB5-B518-DBB3A37ECA18.jpeg
Views: 607
Size:  40.6 KB

Now that I’m in NH, I’m hoping to show it some birds.
    That's a nice Beretta. I had several Beretta O/U's for clays. I also had a 426E sxs that I hunted pheasants with. I did some grouse hunting also around here but it's tough. NH should have some grouse, or at least I'm told they do. I had a few hundred DGJ's that I gave to a collector. I went down the rabbit hole with sxs guns for about 20 years. I think I still have one somewhere.

Gen 5 G23 MOS with 407K, I like this thing a lot...

A couple of months ago I consumed my 2021 GSSF blue label coupon on this gun. I really like it. It is by far and away the softest shooting Glock .40 I have ever owned. Better than even the Gen 4 G35 in terms of recoil and shot to shot recovery in my perception.

Name:  g23-5 hs407K.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  73.0 KB

Subjective stuff aside. In the category of timers and targets tell the tale, one of my personal benchmarks is the Rangemaster Instructor Q, shot here on an FBI QIT, shot from concealment, from 3-25 yards. This is a pretty decent performance for me since I made all those instructor course par times on this run. That means shot to shot recovery was very good for me at least.

I really like this gun. I am sitting on a mountain of .40 including components and loaded ammo from USPSA days so this will get shot quite a bit. Probably carried a bit as well as I continue to climb the learning curve on the MOS/RMR type sights.

Name:  G23-5 with target.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  18.6 KB

User Tag List