Thread: List of DMs?

List of DMs?

My Google searches turned up nothing but old articles about IDPA adding DMs.

Surely there has to be a link with a list of IDPA DMs. I'd appreciate it someone would share it here.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    My Google searches turned up nothing but old articles about IDPA adding DMs.

Surely there has to be a link with a list of IDPA DMs. I'd appreciate it someone would share it here.
    If I log onto the IDPA website as a member, I can search the membership. If I check only “DM”, it still shows me all 26,XXX members.
    If I also check every “role” (base member, safety officer, area coordinator, etc), it narrows it down to 6 DMs.
    I suspect the search options are limited to members, but you can try it that way.

I did that prior to posting the question here. The search results were not useful.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Okay - so I take it that there are actually more than 6 IDPA GMs?

I can’t say that I’m shocked that the IDPA website is fouled up. I’ve been pretty disappointed trying to find basic things like the PCC rules and classifier scoring criteria there. It’s really a lousy, user-unfriendly site.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Okay - so I take it that there are actually more than 6 IDPA GMs?

I can’t say that I’m shocked that the IDPA website is fouled up. I’ve been pretty disappointed trying to find basic things like the PCC rules and classifier scoring criteria there. It’s really a lousy, user-unfriendly site.
    The original list was well over six people.

I found this post from Joyce Fowler (formerly Wilson) from 2012:

The original group of Distinguished Masters was designated at the Smith & Wesson Winter Indoor National Championship in 2011 and based on those individuals who had won a division championship from 2006 to the present. As the sport has continually evolved, we felt that a 5 year window was a good representation for this award. We also recognized that sometimes the division champion and 1st place times were so close that the skill level of the 1st master also merited recognition. Therefore we included individuals that scored wtihin 3% of the Division Champions time.

The members inducted initially in CDP include: Bob Vogel,Dave Sevigny, David Olhasso, Eric Fusion, Glenn Shelby, Greg Martin, Matt Mink, Tom Yost

Those in ESP include: Bob Vogel, Donnie Burton, Matt Mink, Rob Leatham, Taran Butler, Todd Jarrett

Those in SSP include: Bob Vogel, Dan Burwell, Dave Sevigny, Ernest Langdon, Gordon Carrell, Phil Strader

SSR: Craig Buckland, Curt Nichols, Josh Lentz

ESR: Jerry Miculek

We have since included: James McGinty, ESP World Shoot DC and Cliff Walsh, ESR World Shoot, Dan Burwell, ESP 2012 S&W and Joe Linskey, SSR 2012 S&W

Joyce

Current IDPA DMs are:
    • Morgan Allen: ESP
    • Clint Bowen: CCP
    • Donnie Burton: ESP
    • Taran Butler: ESP
    • Gordon Carrell: ESP, SSP
    • Matt Childress: CCP
    • Jan Christensen: REV
    • Shane Coley: ESP, CCP, BUG
    • Patrick Doyle: CCP
    • King Drummond: BUG
    • Brad Eadens: CCP
    • Eric France: SSP, PCC
    • Elias Frangoulis: CDP
    • Eric Fuson: CDP, CCP, BUG
    • Daniel Humphreys: REV, BUG
    • Mason Lane: ESP
    • Ernest Langdon: SSP, CCP
    • Rob Leatham: CDP, ESP
    • Joe Linskey: REV, CCP, BUG
    • Greg Martin: CDP, ESP, CCP
    • James McGinty: ESP
    • Dave Olhasso: CDP, SSP
    • David Orr: CCP
    • Chris Schatz: CCP
    • Glenn Shelby: CDP
    • Joe Shope: CDP
    • Phil Strader: SSP
    • Bob Vogel: CDP, ESP, SSP
    • Brandon Wright: CDP, ESP, SSP
    • Tom Yost: CDP, SSP

This list is incomplete as the IDPA database only shows people with still active memberships, so guys like BJ Norris and Dave Sevigny, both of whom are DMs, are not currently listed.

Self delete, already mentioned.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List