Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ??Missing Serial # from Glock??

??Missing Serial # from Glock??

So,.. I went to register the warranty on my new Glock19 and I keep getting an error mssg that "the Serial# can't be found, contact Cust Svs!" :O

The weapon was purchased from a Glock approved BL Dealer so I wouldn't think there would be an issue! Definitely confused on this one!

Is this common? I still need to deliver my purchace receipt with the local LEO in my town. Should I wait until this is sorted out or what? I know it's a felony to fail to deliver the receipt after 10 days. I have NO idea what the penalty might be for a weapon with a missing / ?mismatched? Serial number.

Am I just being overly paranoid over a likely "InterwebZ glitch?" Or could this be potentially serious?

Thnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    I still need to deliver my purchace receipt with the local LEO in my town. Should I wait until this is sorted out or what? I know it's a felony to fail to deliver the receipt after 10 days.
    You have to give the receipt to a local LEO? What kind of screwed up law is that? State level gun registration or something? (If so, Michigan just got added to my list of places not to move to.)

Regarding your actual question, I expect that Glock will do warranty service on it as needed even if you don't register it with them right away, or at all. I also expect that if you're truly concerned, it could be resolved with a phone call to Glock.

I would give Glock CS in Smyrna a call this coming week.

I will admit, I've never actually registered any of the three previous Glocks I bought. But being curious, and having just bought my G48 under the GSSF program on 9/15, I went to the Glock web site just now. I was able to successfully register and get confirmation on warranty activation (they give you a 20% off code for registering, which is nice). My G48 S/N is BPZnnnn, FWIW.

It’s a felony....

To fail to provide a slip of paper....showing you bought a gun.

Why. Would you. Want. To live there......

@Chomps, call Glock tomorrow. Maybe someone already registered that serial number but never completed the purchase. In any case with a receipt from an authorized dealer I’m sure they will sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    It’s a felony....

We all have reasons for choosing where we live. Jobs, family, schools, familiarity. Even for most serious shooters I know, guns are not the highest thing on the list.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    It’s a felony....

IIRC Chomps is a fairly new gun owner and therefore simply has to deal with what exists from a legal standpoint. It sounds very much like the law(s) in question are unfortunate, to be sure, but it doesn't sound like it was a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    IIRC Chomps is a fairly new gun owner and therefore simply has to deal with what exists from a legal standpoint. It sounds very much like the law(s) in question are unfortunate, to be sure, but it doesn't sound like it was a choice.
    Copy that.

Apologies for sounding crass.

As others mentioned - I understand “gun” isn’t a driving factor for most folks geographically.

This isn’t as much a gun issue as it is a liberal shitbag government issue - of which I have no interest in existing alongside

Site Supporter
    So,.. I went to register the warranty on my new Glock19 and I keep getting an error mssg that "the Serial# can't be found, contact Cust Svs!" :O

The weapon was purchased from a Glock approved BL Dealer so I wouldn't think there would be an issue! Definitely confused on this one!

Is this common? I still need to deliver my purchace receipt with the local LEO in my town. Should I wait until this is sorted out or what? I know it's a felony to fail to deliver the receipt after 10 days. I have NO idea what the penalty might be for a weapon with a missing / ?mismatched? Serial number.

Am I just being overly paranoid over a likely "InterwebZ glitch?" Or could this be potentially serious?

Thnx!
    You accidently got one of the black ops guns that don't officially exist. Stay where you are with your cell phone on and a black helicopter will be out to retrieve it.

Seriously, as long as your gun has a serial number on it you are good, turn in your receipt. You can call Glock to register your warranty. It's just a glitch in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You accidently got one of the black ops guns that don't officially exist. Stay where you are with your cell phone on and a black helicopter will be out to retrieve it.

Seriously, as long as your gun has a serial number on it you are good, turn in your receipt. You can call Glock to register your warranty. It's just a glitch in their system.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Cool!! I love a good Helo ride!! Fun to rappel from too!!

@Duke. Yeah I grew up in Mich. It's just the law here I guess. I didn't really consider it a big deal I guess. Just part of registering a firearm.

In my case, I Just walk in to the local police station, hand it to the pretty cadet sitting at the desk & done! 😉😎
    We are an open carry state AND we're also a "Will Issue" CPL State now. They have to prove there's a reason I SHOULDNT have a CPL. (...It could have been a lot more restrictive. I lived in CA for almost 20 years after I got out of the service.). 😜😉

Yeah I grew up in Mich. It's just the law here I guess. I didn't really consider it a big deal I guess. Just part of registering a firearm.
    The reason Duke and I reacted the way we did (me saying Michigan had been added to my "do not move to" list and his somewhat more forceful version of the same) is that the states we live in don't have any registration requirements - when we buy guns, we just fill out the 4473 the federal government requires and presuming we pass the NICS check, that's the end of it. Especially given that MN has been a blue state for a long time, I guess it's somewhat surprising that I don't have to put up with that particular variety of nonsense, but I'm thankful for it.

User Tag List