Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: slip 2000 EWL

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Actually I didn't know that--thanks. I've ignored anything Slip2000, but may have to try EWL and the grease.

I used canned air to get oil into sear cages, BCGs, etc. I don't like thin oil that gets all over the place, and my experience with Slip2000 is that it does reduce friction (for a while) and washes away contaminants, but is not a good wear-reducing lube.
    Something else that just occurred to me as I’m sitting here reading the thread and remembering things...

The OG Slip did have issues in my early use. Even talked to Pat Rogers about it at length back then. The issue I was having was that I had a lot of rifles, and wasn’t shooting all of them all the time. A couple of guns that I lubed up with the OG formula had all of the lube run down the bolt and into the receiver extension when stored upright in the safe.

The EWL, and grease and 30 weight, fixed all that for me.

Site Supporter
    Chuck, everyone...this is why I posted. Where else would I get such instant and knowledgeable feedback? Until SLIP2000EWL30 shows me something different, I'm done looking.

Break Free is my least favorite lube. I have had terrible experience with it both in guns and when racing mountain XC bikes. For me, BF significantly reduced the life of bike chains and cogs. Plus I hate the way it smells.
    I never use it on anything that gets much wear...and really not as a lube. Just as an occasional cleaner when I don't need something more dedicated. Probably why I haven't had issues.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    My go to when racing bikes (the kind you pedal) road and off road was Boeshield t-9. Got excellent wear on chains and chainrings despite many k miles and races a year. I hear some use it on firearms, but I don’t plan to.

Break Free is my least favorite lube. I have had terrible experience with it both in guns and when racing mountain XC bikes. For me, BF significantly reduced the life of bike chains and cogs. Plus I hate the way it smells.

slip 2000 EWL

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    My go to when racing bikes (the kind you pedal) road and off road was Boeshield t-9. Got excellent wear on chains and chainrings despite many k miles and races a year. I hear some use it on firearms, but I don’t plan to.
    Totally! Boeshield for the Win! It got me through the Shasta Lemurian in volcanic dust, although the chain and gears were fuct after. https://www.shastalemurian.com
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-02-2019 at 08:14 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I use Weapon Shield CLP to clean and lubricate with Mobil 1 20W50 VTWIN.

Site Supporter
    I've been using Slip 2000 EWL on my 1911s for a couple years now and it works fine for me. I like it better than the standard Slip 2000, which requires re-application more often in my experience..

Site Supporter
    I too like Slip EWL because I have become lazy.

I've been using Slip 2k for at least 15 years now, the 30 weight variety for about 7 years, and I run the EWL grease in all my game guns. Stuff that rotates get wet lube, sliding stuff gets the grease.

I particularly like how it prevents carbon from sticking to the internals on my AR's. Literally, a paper towel cleanup job.

Interestingly, Sig Sauer has recently abandoned Lucas lubes in favor of a house-branded SLIP formulation.

Out of curiosity how does the forum fins Slip2000 WRT corrosion prevention?

User Tag List