Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: slip 2000 EWL

slip 2000 EWL

I am presently using Mpro7 LPX with my G17.
    I am sold to this because i just brush my slide to clean it then re-apply little amount of LPx and it is already clean.
    My question is, can i do the same with Slip 2000 EWL? is it a good CLP or it is just good as a lube then get a separate solvent for cleaning?

It works great.

You can use EWL for cleaning (it is advertised as a CLP product), but I prefer to use Slip 2000 725 Gun Cleaner/Degreaser as a dedicated cleaner.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Non chlorinated brake cleaner is good if you value your time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Did a quick search here and found this thread about SLIP2000 - thought maybe I could/should add some info about another iteration: SLIP2000/EWL30. Forgive me for being so wordy, but...this stuff has really blown me away. I've ranged dangerously close to being a Life Member of The Gun of the Month club since I returned to the gun world. The only thing that saved me was the always present PITA of.....money....or rather the lack thereof. This info is relevant because my forays into the cleaning/lube world mirror the same results as my gun buying. That has ended. I read yet another article about SLIP2000, but this stuff has "EWL30" as a suffix. I can honestly say I've never had a firearm change this much....just by using a different product. For a while, I was convinced that the change was something I was doing or ? That was dry firing. Well, I now have significant live fire experience (>500 rounds) with this product and can tell you it's certainly something I recommend everyone at least try, even if you have to borrow some. I've now owned 3 Glock G30S's (among several other brands) and NONE of them was ever this....well, slick. This Glock feels and sounds like a different gun when you're dry firing. Every movement, racking the slide, dropping mags (yes, I applied some, sparingly to them) and especially the OEM trigger pull, are amazing. I have changed nothing internally except the lube. I realize this is probably not a news flash to PF members, but I just had to share my experience.
    Last edited by 11B10; 03-01-2019 at 07:25 PM.

slip 2000 EWL

I use SimpleGreen aircraft cleaner, and if it’s really carbon caked, brake cleaner/Gunscrubber.

I don’t love Slip2000. It’s too thin. I prefer Weaponshield and Lucas extreme oil. Lucas marine grease is good for high wear areas. Eg. I have 30,000 rounds on a CZ slide stop on a practice gun. I want to see how long it will go.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-01-2019 at 07:32 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

It works, and doesn't smell like a chemical weapon which is a bonus.

It's like 10 bucks for any brand of anything just buy something. If it sucks you'll notice quick.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

SLIP2000 EWL is my go-to lube, with the exceptiion of a little 5% moly grease on sears.

500 rounds in a Glock? Grin. I could go 500 rounds in a Glock with 3-in-1, mineral oil or Vagisil, maybe even dry.

Not to be a total smart ass, but 300 to more liekly 500 sounds sounds like a typical Saturday live fire training for me with a CZ P-07/-09, Glock 19, or Tanfo Stock 2 and I’m way too lazy to re-lube every time I go out.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I love the smell os Simple Green... Slip2000 has worked very well for me on me carbines, the EWL30 has been amazing for the pistols you just have to remember to shake well before use.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Slip works very well, but I prefer Weaponshield CLP over everything I've tried.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List