Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: slip 2000 EWL

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Out of curiosity how does the forum fins Slip2000 WRT corrosion prevention?
    Speaking for SE Florida here...

I've lived everywhere from the edge of the Everglades to out on one of the barrier islands, 2 blocks from the Intercoastal and 2 blocks from the beach, and I've never had a rust or corrosion issue.

That said, I'm not storing my guns out in the garage or the like, so their exposure is pretty limited to when I take them out and shoot or handle them, but even in conditioned homes I've had other non-firearm household items get a bit of rust here and there. Nothing on my guns, and I use Slip products exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Speaking for SE Florida here...

I've lived everywhere from the edge of the Everglades to out on one of the barrier islands, 2 blocks from the Intercoastal and 2 blocks from the beach, and I've never had a rust or corrosion issue.

That said, I'm not storing my guns out in the garage or the like, so their exposure is pretty limited to when I take them out and shoot or handle them, but even in conditioned homes I've had other non-firearm household items get a bit of rust here and there. Nothing on my guns, and I use Slip products exclusively.
    Not sure if it's been brought up, but some people's sweat is just more acidic. I had several Glocks start to pit horribly on the body side when worn appendix while working. This was when I was using Slip as a gun lube, including daily wipe downs. All holsters had full length sweat guards as well.
    I do not fault Slip for this, but rather the dragon-like PH I inherited...thanks dad.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

Thinner to thicker: Gun Lube > EWL > EWL 30. Great products, including the EWG.

I bought some Lubriplate FMO-350 oil, and the SFL-0 grease, and I’m very happy with the quality of it. The 350 oil is listed as 20wt, but it seems as thick as the EWL 30 that I have. I’ve not used the SFL grease yet, as I’ve been trying to use up the EWG that I have left.
    I’m totally sold on the 350 oil, it’ll be my primary oil, but I do have several small bottles that I’ve accumulated, just trying different products.

User Tag List