Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P extra Power Striker Spring

M&P extra Power Striker Spring

I am experiencing infrequent light primer strikes with my first gen M&P pistols.
    I have not changed the striker springs, they are factory stock.

I thought I try an extra power striker spring and found a thread that directed me to Speed Shooter Specialties but they are out of stock.

Does anyone know of a source for extra power striker springs?
    Other than a heavier primer strike what other effects will this have?

Thanks

GPT

I have not changed out a striker spring, but I suspect a heavier may add just a bit to the trigger pull weight. Others may have changed out their striker spring and can give hands-on info.

Site Supporter
    First thing I would do with light strikes remove the striker and clean the striker channel. Most common cause of light strikes is gunk / fouling / dirt in the striker channel. Oil in the channel attracts dirt and dries out leaving gunk which slows or impedes the striker.

And while you have it apart cleaning it maybe a fresh spring might be a consideration? You stated Gen1, but how old? Unless you are shooting something with especially hard primers this is not a common alteration.

Site Supporter
    What ammo?

After you clean the striker channel, DO NOT put oil in there.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    And while you have it apart cleaning it maybe a fresh spring might be a consideration? You stated Gen1, but how old? Unless you are shooting something with especially hard primers this is not a common alteration.
    S&W will happily send you a new striker spring and maybe a recoil spring. That would save them a ton of money.

Thanks for the ifno

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    FWIW, my stock early 1.0 M&P40 will happily pop Federal small rifle primers.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    FWIW, my stock early 1.0 M&P40 will happily pop Federal small rifle primers.
    Was this an ammo drought discovery?

User Tag List