Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TLR 8 question

TLR 8 question

I'd like to put a laser on a M&P 2.0 9mm compact it will be strictly my home defense gun, the TLR-8 seems to be what I'm interested in.

I've read comments from buyers about them falling off the gun easily, I don't necessarily trust comment sections, you don't know if the one writing their comments can follow directions or their mechanical skill level etc.
    They might also be correct.

So I turn to a group I feel is more tried and true for this question....is the TLR-8 prone to coming loose and/or falling off the weapon?

Any experiential comments are appreciated regarding this question and switch position options.

Thanks!

No.

Those commenters probably used the wrong rail key.

As TTT said, it’s probably user error. Mine has been solid, and the laser keeps zero. I think I have ~2500 rounds with it.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I run a TLR-7A as a duty light. Installed it last December and have thousands of rounds and probably thousands of draws from a duty holster as well as a Vedder Light tuck.

It’s never come close to falling off my G45. It came with 6 keys but I didn’t need one for the Glock.

I have a MP 2.0 compact and can install it to check for you if you’d like.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I run a TLR7 A as a duty light. Installed it last December and have thousands of rounds and probably thousands of draws from a duty holster as well as a Vedder Light tuck.

It’s never come close to falling off my G45. It came with 6 keys but I didn’t need one for the Glock.

I have a MP 2.0 compact and can install it to check for you if you’d like.
    Didn’t the rail change on Gen 5 pistols, and they no longer use the “Glock” key?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Didn’t the rail change on Gen 5 pistols, and they no longer use the “Glock” key?
    Mine says “UNIV-1”

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  42.3 KB

For the m&p, the “1913-2” was a solid fit.

Name:  7467F0FF-0B4F-4B91-9B79-2B1DFA76D233.jpg
Views: 2227
Size:  85.8 KB

Name:  26D5D17D-4000-45CE-88FF-A1506D69A92D.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  44.1 KB

I went ahead and tried it. Seemed as solid as the G45’s fit.

Regards.

On edit: owner’s manual right next to me has a guide.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  49.6 KB

Thanks guys, much appreciated!
    Using the wrong key was my curiosity, plenty of people can't read or follow directions and the product gets the black eye for it, sometimes they are correct.

I'm glad I posted as I felt I could receive real time experience.

lwt16, thanks for the pic, love my 2.0's, I have 3 with Trijicon HD sights and Apex triggers, the house one will get the laser and I have a Holosun 507c v2 on the way for my plate gun. I wanted the 508t vs but they can't be found so maybe when they show up I will get one.

Time to purchase the TLR-8

No problem. Buy with confidence.

Mine is a high switch model and I think the Flex comes with both high and low.

Correct - Flex has both . .

Are the high and low switches intuitive to access and operate, I was leaning toward the side switch but it doesn't seem to popular?

I'm not familiar with the word flex in regards to these lights and didn't see anything with that at Streamlight's site, might you enlighten me, pun intended.
    Last edited by Tawadc95; 10-03-2020 at 06:25 PM.

User Tag List