Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I had too! I have ammo!

I had too! I have ammo!

Somehow I needed this. I think it is a handsome piece...(maybe the scope mount "cover plate" could
    have been black) but no matter. It is mine and I've wanted a 6-1/2" 29!

Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Is that a gold/brass bead front sight? If so, how do you like it?

Are the scope mounting holes on the barrel shroud intended to fit a stand-alone mount, or are they intended to supplement the mounting holes under the front sight on the frame when using a long scope mount such as an SSK T'SOB?

Talking

I've came into a stash of .45 Colt ammo and am hankering for an older Model 25 or Ruger Alaskan in .454. You are NOT helping Mr. Kelley!

N-Frames are sexy, no other explanations are required.

I'm sure we'd all love to hear about your thoughts once you expend some of that ammo on that gun.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Your logic is fine. I used to work with a guy who bought a Marlin 336 because someone gave him a rear sight for it.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I've came into a stash of .45 Colt ammo and am hankering for an older Model 25 or Ruger Alaskan in .454. You are NOT helping Mr. Kelley!
    I have a elpasso saddlery engraved threepersons holster for a 4" n frame that i am on the hunt for a 25/625 mountain gun to fill. Id also settle for a 28 or 1917 after a little barrel work.

Site Supporter
    @P.E. Kelley - You've got the gun and the ammo, so where are the targets/videos? C'mon, don't leave us hanging!

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Is that a gold/brass bead front sight? If so, how do you like it?
    I have a 1955 Target with the brass bead and find it is an effective, yet elegant, vintage fiber optic.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Are the scope mounting holes on the barrel shroud intended to fit a stand-alone mount, or are they intended to supplement the mounting holes under the front sight on the frame when using a long scope mount such as an SSK T'SOB?
    A stand alone S&W mount was in the box with the gun.

User Tag List