Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I had too! I have ammo!

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Vent ribs belong on shotguns.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look everyone is entitled to a wrong opinion and it would appear that this one happens to be your's.

Because Ham Bowen knows different...

Name:  RD03_4in.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  25.1 KB

____

I have a bunch (~200) of 225-grain flatpoints I loaded up as a softball load for my 1911s. And they are a little too soft to run my guns reliably. Rather than disassemble all of them and reload them all hotter...Wouldn't it just be easier for me to acquire a 1917 to shoot them in?

Being a bit of a Colt geek I'm inclined to find a Colt 1917, but there are a handful of (relatively) cheap Brazilian 1937s on Gunbroker. One or two that are the right level of non-original, that I wouldn't even feel bad sending it off to Cylinder and Slide to have the barrel chopped back to 3.5" and a gold bead or line front sight fitted. A set of Keith Brown Roper-style grips and some leather from Barranti?

Not that I ever indulge in such fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Look everyone is entitled to a wrong opinion and it would appear that this one happens to be your's.

Because Ham Bowen knows different...

Name:  RD03_4in.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  25.1 KB

____

I have a bunch (~200) of 225-grain flatpoints I loaded up as a softball load for my 1911s. And they are a little too soft to run my guns reliably. Rather than disassemble all of them and reload them all hotter...Wouldn't it just be easier for me to acquire a 1917 to shoot them in?

Being a bit of a Colt geek I'm inclined to find a Colt 1917, but there are a handful of (relatively) cheap Brazilian 1937s on Gunbroker. One or two that are the right level of non-original, that I wouldn't even feel bad sending it off to Cylinder and Slide to have the barrel chopped back to 3.5" and a gold bead or line front sight fitted. A set of Keith Brown Roper-style grips and some leather from Barranti?

Not that I ever indulge in such fantasies.
    If you haven't handled one of the Colts try one out before buying. I've owned multiple examples of both the Colt and S&W 1917's (well to be fair on the Colt side a fitz'd 1917 and a same era stock .45 Colt New Service... which should be close enough for comparison). To my taste the S&W takes it: better grip size and angle, better balance, and better DA trigger. The Colt grip tends to increase perceived recoil. The crescent moon front sight on the Colts is better than the Smith half moon sight from that period though.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Like the Python vent rib? Poly Choke made vent ribs for BHs. You can still find them on eBay. If a BH and a Python got together and had a baby:
    This is sexy...... Russian woman named Olga sexy. Keeps you warm and fed but is still able to fight off the bears one handed.

User Tag List